not that different, you and i
Harper
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
As the Priest reaches for it, Harper hands it over with a confident grasp, trusting the man in a way he wouldn’t normally. Gideon clearly holds a deep reverence for the Old Gods; surely he will handle the weapon with the respect it deserves. His head bows slightly beneath the smooth tone as it bestows a weight upon his nape that has been absent since he was brought to Caido. A war to fight, a mantle to take up. Things he has weathered in the past and come out successful, but which he had lost utterly when transported here. Purpose found at last…but at what cost? “I intend to serve her to the best of my abilities,” he vows quietly, the expansiveness of the church humbling.

He listens like a quiet pupil at Gideon’s side as the man explains, and his heart hardens further against the cause. Possession is the word he’d use, but magic had been different - more ghastly - where he’d come from. At least he’s not unfamiliar with the threat that kind of puppeteering poses. It merely makes it all the sadder, that they’d been led astray and could not be redeemed or even trusted. In many ways it was their fault. In others, the fault lay entirely with The Voice. And that is all it takes really - this gentle wording, concise and compassionate, to turn him away from the singular man that could have made him doubt.

“And even if they regret their decisions, they can’t be trusted all the same because of her control of them.” His frown does not stop him from nodding to himself. “But Sunjata is Safrin’s chosen as well. He rules Torchline, and the Ascended are welcome there. I don’t know how to oppose him without also opposing Safrin.” She had encouraged him to consider ruling Torchline, but that was something Harper didn’t see happening. Torchline was too attached to Sunjata currently.
this is your ocean, an ocean of night

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
not that different, you and i - by Gideon - 06-15-2021, 07:26 PM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Harper - 06-15-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Gideon - 06-17-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Harper - 06-20-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Gideon - 06-21-2021, 06:24 PM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Harper - 06-24-2021, 09:36 PM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Gideon - 06-26-2021, 10:38 AM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Harper - 07-02-2021, 06:41 AM
RE: not that different, you and i - by Gideon - 07-03-2021, 11:28 AM