I just wanted you to know...
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Seren

She stood silent through the outburst. Listening, because there was no room for her to interject. The lump in her stomach was turning into a slow, nauseous ache that made her eyes sting and burn. Splotches of color started up in her face, and small hands frightened into fists as a figurstive finger was shaken in her face. But her eyes were only sad.

Were they really doing this? Were they having this conversation - if it could even be called that anymore?

"I do not, actually. I want neither the Voice, nor the Ascended dead. A way for everyone to live together in peace, that is what I would like. But as long as your goddess oppose the Old gods, that will not be possible." Against Nate's angry rant, she sounded so calm that Seren was startled by her own voice. It came off so distant, cool on the verge of coldness... even though everything inside her was a churning, superheated confusion of anger and sadness and upset.

"They created this world. Caido. Vi, Rae, Mort. This is their land, and everything that ever has or will be in this realm of reality owes its existence to them. Including the Voice. Including you, and of course me, as well." He should know this. It was the basis for all understanding of life in and on Caido. Even an Outlander should know, and it was irritating that she had to remind him.

"When the Voice rebelled against them, they did what was necessary. I do not pretend to know why they chose to act the way they did by creating the barrier. But they did not abandon the people. The Heralds were trapped within as well. You know that. My mother was right there, the entire time. Forced to watch the despair and suffering, unable to do anything. Because of one woman's arrogance and desire to overthrow the balance of this world, how many lives have been lost? How much pain..?"

He made it sound as if this whole mess was something the Old Gods had started. But Seren did not believe that, not for a second. She had to stop, and swallow against the tightness in her throat. She hated that tears welled up whenever she became heated, that her voice threatened to quiver and break.

"I don't want you dead, Nate." Though at this point, it would be rather satisfying to at least slap him for these accusations. "Or your people. I don't want anyone to die. But I can't stop this war from happening. I'm sorry. If I could... but I can't. I will do everything in my power to right the wrongs committed against the Abandoned. The Acquired." Taking the old moniker in her mouth felt strange and liberating. Seren always disliked the term abandoned. It was too sad, and unfair. "An entire people should not be made to suffer for the wrongs committed by one individual. In that, I can agree that the Old Gods are wrong. But when it comes to the Voice?"

Seren shook her head. No.
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Messages In This Thread
I just wanted you to know... - by Seren - 06-15-2021, 09:39 PM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Nate - 06-16-2021, 03:35 AM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Seren - 06-16-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Nate - 06-16-2021, 03:07 PM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Seren - 06-16-2021, 03:18 PM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Nate - 06-17-2021, 04:49 AM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Seren - 06-17-2021, 09:08 AM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Nate - 06-20-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Seren - 06-20-2021, 02:45 PM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Nate - 06-21-2021, 03:53 AM
RE: I just wanted you to know... - by Seren - 06-21-2021, 04:32 AM