Training All the things unsaid
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
You have so much of everything but still you wanted more
Unconcerned, the girl just laughed at the sudden game of keep away, settling down only when the lightning arced towards her sand. She whooped in delight at the flashing light and the hiss as miniscule rocks were melted and transformed, and clapped when the test in the sand manifested a similar result.
"That's amazing. Can you imagine what you'd be able to create when you've mastered your magic fully? You could make sculptures, or the most amazing pieces of art." Far from something violent or terrible, all she could see was the potential for beauty within this display of power.

Leaning in to scoop up the sharp shards of glass, with plenty of sand in between to cushion against the heat and keep her from cutting her fingers open, Seren examined the glittering material. Like a crow or magpie, all things gleaming was sure to attract her attention; there was no way this little treasure was leaving her island now. "It's beautiful," she reiterated with a longing smile. "It would be amazing to have jewelry like this. Hair pins, or rings, or..." She ran out of ideas and laughed in pure enjoyment. Was this how Hotaru shaped her glass? Seren would have to ask sometime.

Setting the sharp shards aside where no one would step on them, she turned back to her friend. Happy and content, reluctant for this moment to end. They should just stay in here, play with magic and never think about anything else.
"What are your plans after this?" she had to ask nevertheless. Because try as she might, she would need to rest from upholding this dimensional pocket sooner or later.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
yet my blood renders me a King
The idea of making art with his magic had never occurred to Sah. "I never thought of that. I've done carvings out of wood and bone, but I don't fancy myself much of an artist. If I ever did try to do something like that, would you help? I think you have a better eye for that sort of thing then I do." The demi-god had been able to see artistic applications in destructive magic after all. Surely she'd be able to lend a hand? Sculptures sounded daunting, but jewelry even more so. "When I do master my lightning, we should try it all."

Relaxing on the sand, Sah glanced at Seren when she spoke again. "After this? Well I imagine it's past midnight, so I I'll likely just go to bed." He chuckled slightly. "After that though, I don't know. I don't have any plans apart from maybe going for a hunt. Maybe train some more." He looked at her curiously. "What about you? Any grand schemes waiting for the morning dawn?"  
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Of course, if you want me to. I'd be happy to help." And she did look it, too, if the pleased smile and happy wriggling was anything to go by. Jewelry and crafting aside, that he wanted her help was very satisfying. "Seems like you have another reason to keep practicing now." Mastery was one thing, but skills without actual application could so easily be squandered.

Slumping back until she lay propped up on her elbows, Seren hummed and tried not to feel overly guilty about keeping the young hunter up this late. "Sorry... I've always been more awake at night," she mumbled, in way of explanation. "Sometimes I forget that some enjoy sleeping when the stars are out." A senseless concept to her, but for those who had to rise early and spend the day wisely... ah well.
The question was turned back on her, and Seren leaned her head back. Dark hair tumbled in a midnight waterfall onto the sand, spilling like raven waters over shoulders and arms while she reflected upon the stars above. "I got a letter from a friend in Torchline who needs me," she told him, a touch more somber as she was reminded of Maeve's distress. "I will be heading to her right away, I think. After that though..." She sighed, and made a reluctant grimace. "I suppose I should head back to Stormbreak, for a while. I've been absent from Dragoon-training more than I've been present over the past season. I'm... not sure I really like living there."  

It was a rare admission; few and far between were the times when Seren admitted to be less than pleased with anything or anyone. But with Sah, it felt alright to talk about even the not so fun things.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah shook his head with a warm laugh. "No, you're fine. I'm the same way. Or at least, I was. Going from being nearly nocturnal to human has been a challenge. But even now I always feel more awake when the moon is at it's zenith." Though that was likely a mental thing, and not a physical one. He'd always liked to see the moon in the sky so staying up had become a habit.

Hearing the worry in Seren's tone, Sah gave his friend a concerned glance. "Are they ok? Is there anything that I can help with?" He wasn't sure if there would be anything or if it was just a private matter. But Seren was clearly worried about her friend and it made him want to help.

The demi-gods admission had the Abandoned's eyes narrowing. "You don't want to go back." He observed. "Stormbreak is one of the region's who is most loyal to the Old Gods. What about them is driving you away?" It surely had to be something of consequence  for a demi-god of Safrin to be so repelled. He let out a small sigh. "If you don't want to discuss it, you don't have to. There are a few heavier things that I'd like your opinion on as well." Sah let out a sigh and looked wistfully at the stars. "But not tonight. I think we both deserve a night away from heavier things."
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Ah, he understood. At least in part - Seren's gaze lingered on his face, and she wondered if he shared her longing too. For something, somewhere that could never be reached. Perhaps it didn't matter. Of all the people she had met so far, only Delphia and this misplaced Outlander boy had even come close, and it eased the loneliness within her by a fraction.

And he didn't mind being kept up at night - that was decidedly a good trait to have.

The offer for aid was immediate. Something warm and soft squeezed at her chest at his willingness to help even someone he'd likely never met, and she leaned in to press her shoulder against his in quiet gratitude. "It sounded like a bad breakup," she told him quietly, "so I think she mostly just needs a friend. But if anything does come up, I will take you up on that. Thank you, Sah - she's my best friend. Your offer means more than you know."

As did his sharp attention to her shifting moods when Stormbreak was mentioned. Just like that, Sah put words on a feeling of unease that had been haunting her for a long time. Nameless, restless, a lingering sense of unease. She drew breath and meant to tell him about it, all of it... but thought better of it when he followed up with the reservation.

"Not tonight," she echoed, sharing the sentiment. The current mood was much too precious to spoil with the kind of dark and menacing things that lurked within that holy city. "I do want to talk about it... but it's not a fun subject, so I think we should save it for another day. I might write you a letter, if you want?" To explain, to help sort out her thoughts... and to keep in touch. Maintain this connection, so that it could not be lost or forgotten.

It was much too precious a thing for that to be allowed.
Seren
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah nodded in understanding, leaning his own shoulder against Seren's. "Alright. I'm glad to help in however you need." His voice was soft. The Outlander had never suffered through a breakup but he could imagine the pain. If he had to deal with it, he'd want the comfort of his best friend as well. Sah felt a slight pang. Who was his best friend now? Now that.. He grit his teeth slightly, halting the memories. Some losses were still to painful.

Sah focused on the conversation instead, forcing himself to relax in Seren's presence. "A letter works. We could set up a time to meet in person via letter as well. Some things are best said in person, in my opinion." Some topics too sensitive to leave trails of on paper. Stifling a yawn, Sah stretched slightly. "I think we best be getting back. I'm a little worried that Lilly might have attempted to eat Umbra." The statement was only partially made in jest. The Outlander really was a bit concerned about how far his pup would go to get her vengeance. It warmed something deep in him to know she loved him so dearly. Dearly enough that she'd try to bite a dragon.
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Shoulder to shoulder, she felt the tension fluctuate within him. Some emotion brought shadows of the past back, or so she assumed, but she was apparently not the only one to hold back tonight. It would have worried her, if he hadn't accepted the notion of the letter - and even more reassuring, another chance to meet.

"I agree. Besides, I want a rematch one of these days. Doesn't feel right to let you think that's all I have to show for all my training." A faint smile played on her lips as Seren got to her feet and offered Sah a hand. To help him up, and so that they could return to Halo - once shoes and coats and other necessities had been added back on, of course.

"Hm? Oh, I wouldn't worry. Umbra likes her, but not so much that he'll let her chew his wings off." Seren was not worried. Even if Lilly did try to bite, her teeth would simply glide off the hard scales. It took Gore Crow claws or something even worse to penetrate dragonhide.

The return to the cold and dark and the high, distant stars was a shock to rattle the senses back to wakefulness. The moment she came back, Umbra's thoughts coiled about her own, sharing thoughts and images like she had been gone a month, not less than an hour. Blinking away images that bombarded her inner vision, Seren focused on Sah for a moment longer. Until he was done greeting his puppy, and had time for her goodbyes.

"Don't be a stranger... if anything comes up, just let me know. I'll come to you," she reminded him. Shifted slightly, hovering undecidedly between the desire for a hug and the sudden lack of surety whether it was welcome or not. Whether it would be awkward again.
Seren
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah accepted the hand with a smile. "Of course not. Your strength lies in your magic at the moment. You're only just starting out on the rest. You'll get there." He reassured her confidently.  As for his pup, Sah shook his head. "I'm more worried about her hurting herself on his scales."

Returning to Halo was a weird sensation but the crisp night air felt fantastic on the Abandoned's skin. Lilly instantly ran over and began to update him on her adventures. She had in fact bit the dragon. On the tail specifically. And she was very proud. "Lilly, pup, I love you. But please don't bite Umbra again. You'll cut yourself on him." It was only after Sah got a sense of reluctant agreement from her that he relaxed and turned back to Seren.

Seeing the hesitation, Sah made the decision for her. Snaking an arm around her waist, he pulled Seren in for a quick hug. Resting his chin on her shoulder he said his goodbyes for the night, "I won't, and I'll let you know if you do the same." Giving her on last quick squeeze he pulled back, smiling warmly at the demi-god. "See you soon, ok?"
Sah
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
She had expected a quip back, not encouragement. "Thank you, I think," the starchild replied, torn between gratification over his faith in her, and peeve that she was not there already. When she should be. At least she had a good sparring partner in him, now. A rival even, if a friendly one - it might be just what she needed.

It was hard to hold back the laughter at Sah's exasperation over his companion. Umbra's complaints were minor - it hadn't hurt, and he was almost more pleased to not be ignored than offended over the nibble of his tail - and it was all just a big jumbled mess that Seren had no idea how to solve.

Maybe time would help there too.

Seren hadn't realized that she was so easy to read, though. The arm about her waist was not unwelcome, and for a brief moment she was allowed to hide a happy smile against Sah's shoulder. Breathing in his scent - of frost and furs and woodsmoke - she squeezed him back, nodding with a soft hum. "It's a promise," she murmured.

Backing away when she didn't really want to leave was difficult. Opening up the portal back to her island was even harder, even with Umbra there to press against her legs and breathe smoke-rings as farewell to Sah and Lilly. "See you soon, Sah. Take care of yourself."

And with a final wave of a hand, the girl and her dragon were gone. Swallowed by the night, leaving not even a trace of stardust behind to tell of them ever being there.

- FIN
Seren