[SE] Baking up a trick
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah

Sah gave a warm smile. "I don't intend to swear fealty to any of Caido's gods. I spent my previous life serving the only goddess that I'll ever devote myself to." And from what he'd seen so far, none of the gods of this world would ever compare. It might be dangerous to think, much less say, but it was the truth. As an Abandoned, he'd have a hard time ever gaining favor with one of Caido's deities. But they'd have just as much trouble earning his faith and trust.

But he did heed his adopted sister's words with a nod. "I'll be careful. There are already people I care about who are choosing sides and at this point I already have people on both fronts. It makes me even more hesitant to get involved in the first place." Sah finished his muffin, a small sigh leaving him. "I've practically died once. I don't intend to do so again anytime soon." The Outlander still wasn't sure if he'd died before coming to Caido. And he'd likely never know, but it wasn't an easy thing to think about.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Who am I without my armor?
The sidelong glance Aino gave this boy who had somehow wound up as her brother was troubled. Few things truly frightened her in this life, but the gods were one of them. That Sah might find himself in the middle of warring factions, trying to please and protect individuals on both sides spelled disaster even from where she was sitting.

"I hate to say this," she mumbled, and really did seem to loathe the words on her tongue, "but even if you don't swear fealty... If ye can't stay out of it entirely, then picking a side might be better. Or you stand at risk of tearing apart yerself and everyone ye call friend. Will they ever trust ye completely, if they know ye will aid them one turn, and their so called enemy the next? Me and mum will always be here for ye, Sah, but is that enough for you?"

Raised brows under tangled blonde hair carried a question; who were these friends of his? Were they worth it? Would she have to take steps to ensure that they did not wind up hurting her oh, so tender hearted little brother?
AinO
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah

Sah sighed, mulling over Aino's words for a moment. "I hate it, but you're right. I guess the best thing I can do is stay out of it. But if I am pulled, which I have a horrible hunch that I will be, I'll stick to a side." His brows furrowed, not pleased with the war situation in the least.

But Aino's question had Sah's eyes snapping to his sister's. Disbelief written on every inch of his face. "You're kidding. You and Ilma are more than enough.  More than I ever thought I'd have in Caido. I'd still be practically feral if Ilma hadn't stepped in, and... I'd be a lot more alone if you hadn't as well." Sah felt horrible. Did Aino not realize how much she and her mother meant to him? How far he'd be willing to go for their sakes?

Sah bit his lip, eyes turning haunted. "I've lost enough loved ones in the two wars I've fought in. I'm not sure how much more loss I can handle. If I can stay out of Caido's god's war, I will. But I won't let them, or those loyal to them, take my family away from me. I can't."
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Aino's expression softened altogether, and again she reached out an arm, to sling around Sah's shoulders and pull him close. She was normally not the hugging type... but the boy looked like he needed one.

"If no mortals show up to fight their wars, the gods would be powerless to do anything." It was said softly, like a hope - or maybe a prayer. "It is our great strength and our one flaw that humans are willing to do anything for those we love. Mum and I will always fight for Halo, and it's people. So will most everyone who grew up here... that is our pack, and the side I choose."

Whether that was to keep strangers out, or fight friends to prevent the destruction of a culture did not matter. Gods and spirits were forces to weather, like snowstorms or dragons.. nothing more. After they passed on to other interests, Halo would remain.

"But," Aino went on, drawing a deep breath and forcibly made herself sound chipper. "Eight seasons? That's a small eternity. Right now, let's deal with these muffins before I try to eat all of them."

The risk was not small.
AinO
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah

Sah eagerly leaned into the side hug, one of his arms going around Aino's waist. His head leaned on Aino's shoulder as he listened to her speak of Halo and her ties. Sah found himself nodding in agreement. Halo had been good for him. Welcoming him in with open arms and giving him a means to adjust and survive. If Halo changed for the worse, or was destroyed, he'd be devastated. Here, the culture built off mutual survival was strong and created a tight-knit community. It reminded the Outlander of home and had made his adjustment to Caido all the more easier.

"You're right. Halo is a great place, filled with great people. It's worth fighting for." For Aino, Ilma, Deimos, Noah, Hotaru, and all the others who lived here and had helped Sah.

The sudden change of tone had Sah forcing a smile to his own face. "True." His grin turned mischievous. "You might even have a few grey hairs by then." Before the blow that he was sure was coming could land, Sah danced out of the way and grabbed another muffin. "What do you want to do with your bounty of pastry?" He asked from a safe distance.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Change author:
A swift smack passed right through where the back of his head would have been. But muffins and hugs had made Aino soft and docile, to the point where the boy managed to escape even after that rude remark.

"I'll get you for that," she promised in a quiet purr that could only be called menacing. "Go fetch mum's little sled, and we'll do some handouts. Family first, then everyone you accepted flour from."

The wise move would have been to sell them, but it didn't feel quite right to profit off a kind gesture. Not even one that went out of hand.
Aino got to her feet and brushed snow and crumbs from herself.

Time to get back to work.

-Fin
AinO