[SE] Singing in the rain
open
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
And I hope if everybody runs, you choose to stay
Blinking furiously against the rain and the pain that seeped from red-rimmed eyes, the girl darted into Locke foregoing the offered hand for a tight embrace. Slender shoulders were quivering under the built up tension, and it was hard to know where to put all of these feelings. She didn't want to hurt anyone. She was willing to take all of this pain for him. Could she let him do the same for her? Was this what it meant, to be friends and family, to care for a stranger before you even really knew them...

"I care about you, too. If you're gonna stab my back, it's okay. I have magic to heal - I can take it." Garbled words were muffled against his shirt, and sounded too weak to hold much conviction. But Seren was quickly learning that being soft and being strong were not mutually exclusive things, and her strength was of the spiderweb kind - barely visible, yet capable of carrying great loads.

If a few tears today meant she would be better equipped to cope tomorrow... well. That would be a very small price to pay for not being alone.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

She grabs him instead of his hand and for a moment he's unsure of what he should do. But then he hugs her back, squeezing her tightly. Locke leans down, pressing a kiss to the top of her head before resting his cheek there. "Glad one of us knows how to heal something." He only knows how to hurt but it's alright, if she can heal.

Locke sighs, pulling back to look down at her. "Sorry to rain on your puddle parade. Literally. Do you want to keep playing? I used to play in puddles all the time as kid. One of my favorite things to do." He brushes some hair out of her face, carefully tucking it behind her ear. None of this was fair but.. She'd have to learn some day.
I'm motivated by the lack of doubt
I'm consecrated but I'm not devout
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
And I hope if everybody runs, you choose to stay
"When I've learned more, I can teach you," Seren offered immediately, closing her eyes in relief when he accepted her hug. As long as they still had this, it was fine. It would be alright.

When he finally pulled back, Seren pawed rain and grief from her face and smiled up at her brother. "I absolutely want to keep playing," she told him. Pointing at the puddle, she wiggled her eyebrows at him suggestively. "You should jump into that. It's more fun than you'd think - I'm sure it will make you feel better, too."

Leaning her cheek into his hand for a breath and aching with quiet affection for that simple gesture, she quickly snatched up his hand and spun, tugging them both towards the giant puddle. There was a lot of splashing and icy shudders in Locke's immediate future - Seren could practically guarantee it.

- FIN
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.