Plot Advancing PQ baby road trip
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

'Cause you've got a mind that is so hell bent on
Fixing me up before I get my coat off
The sound of snakes wasn't great, but the promise of an entrance after that drew Bastien's attention. He sighed, still trying to make the calculations of risk in his mind, knowing that he could never forgive himself if any of the younger Ascended with him came to harm. "Alright. We will continue if everyone feels able to, but carefully and very close."

Nikolai was right; they needed more than just the repellent. Bastien didn't want to count on it's miracles forever. "Azrael and Nikolai, go first. I will follow closely behind with Mabel and if it looks as if it will be dangerous, we need to make a quick exit." Azrael would be making the quickest of all, Bastien trying to stay so close behind them that he could grab them around the middle and run back if he had to.

--
Bastien agrees they should go on, advising Azrael and Nikolai to take the front for spraying and slashing. He will stay right behind Azrael, ready to grab them and run if things get hairy.
You with those hands that are so hell bent on
Making a mess to suggest you'd think something

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
random event
It's a little bit backwards, but with a plan in place and a driving force of monster repellant, off you go (apparently).

And this stuff must be something insanely potent that Azrael has been keeping with them (either that or the dice really like them, who knows), but the spray of monster repellant absolutely does the trick, almost for the entire 30ft radius that it can reach.

Snakes writhe and hiss and snap as they are driven back by it, and a more-than-adequate pathway opens before them. One lucky serpent does take a wild snap as it wriggles by, though, catching Bastien upon the ankle.

Soon enough it's just the close, damp earth, the sensation of the roots crushing and carving a pathway overhead, and eerie silence.

Through the entranceway up ahead (the one made dark even to Ascended eyes), it sounds like something is stirring...

HERE IS YOUR BIG BOY WARNING: Continuing beyond this point will trigger a KQ. If you wish to go ahead with the KQ, post your character stepping through the entranceway. If you do not wish to go ahead with the KQ, post your character retreating.

Not all characters need to accept the KQ, but be aware that should you decide to instigate it with a smaller group, chances of death are (obviously) higher.

Should you all decide to leave, be mindful that any group who becomes aware of this IC may come and trigger this KQ at any point.

Your randomly selected order is:

Azrael
Mabel
Nikolai
Bastien 95/100 HP
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
Azrael
i wouldn't know where to start
'sweet music' playing 'in the dark'
Oh it’s truly quite exciting, the fact the monster repellant seems to work so well for them. And they hold onto it like a lifeline (fairly certain that it is their lifeline as things start to go south). They make it to the next spot, an entranceway that seems so, so promising… Until the darkness is too dark for their eyes to see and it sounds like something is moving up ahead, through the tunnel they follow that feels almost wet.

They don’t like it at all and they cling close to their father, a frown finding their face as they angle their head up toward Bastien but speak loud enough for the rest of the group to hear. “I’d like to go back…” Comes the quiet utter, hopeful that the rest of the group doesn’t think they’re giving up. “I don’t think we’re prepared enough and it sounds really big, Papa.

Azrael chooses to leave!
be still 'my foolish heart'
don't ruin this on me
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

It pressed down around her skin and coiled, much like the serpents around them. A semblance of power they didn’t have – and she glanced towards Azrael as they seemed to feel the same. As much as the youth yearned to prove herself, not only to her own being, but to the rest of the world, there’d be no point if they all fell apart right here. They’d done enough to prove there was something out here – and cleared some amount of the way for whoever craved to come next.

But she was empty, had daggers, and a flutterspy that had done a vast amount of work already. And the little tech couldn’t fight any upcoming battles. So with a heavy, but unnecessary sigh, the youth nodded in agreement. “Maybe we can come back with…more.” People. Substance. Magic. Anything to assure they wouldn’t be decimated within an instant.

--

Mabel agrees with Azrael in choosing to leave.
Let's go to war to make peace
Let's be cold to create heat
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Shivers raced down Nikolai's spine, a sensation he hadn't felt since he'd Ascended and lost the ability to feel cold. It only set him further on guard. Whatever was ahead of them was dangerous. They'd made it thus far on wits and determination but he knew that this was the end of their journey. He could tell that the depths in front of them and whatever lurked there would require more. More strength then their small team had that is.

Letting out a sigh, Nikolai took a step back with some reluctance. Thankfully Mabel and Azrael were on teh same page as him. "As much as I'd like to keep going for my own curiosity, we're not ready for whatever that thing is. Let's go back."

Nikolai reluctantly chooses to leave.
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN

'Cause you've got a mind that is so hell bent on
Fixing me up before I get my coat off
So far, they had come up against very little that Bastien would consider too dangerous (the bite on his ankle was little more than an annoyance; he frowned and shook his foot until the snake let go), but there was something about the upcoming chamber that felt wrong. Something told him, call it intuition, that whatever came from there would be worse than what they had faced so far.

It seemed the others picked up on this too. Glad he wouldn't have to argue, Bastien turned to them and nodded. "You've all done wonderfully aiding me in clearing the way down here, but I agree - I will return with those more suited to handle...whatever that is." He glanced back towards the rustlings, shook his head and pointed up out of the tunnel. "Let's go."

--
Bastien agrees and leaves too, all out!
You with those hands that are so hell bent on
Making a mess to suggest you'd think something