blindsided
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Aurelia's brows furrow with realization at his curt phrases. Since she's not often closely involved with any Ascended other than Nate, sometimes things slip her mind. She knows they don't sleep, but it's still one of those things that's difficult to wrap her mind around. Maybe that's why she hasn't given those things a lot of thought.

She doesn't miss the shadow that crosses Nate's face at the mention of Safrin, and already she thinks she must have overstepped a boundary. But.. she can't bring herself to undo it, or take it back. Reality is that they sit on opposite lines of a war that's coming in eight seasons. The sooner they all get used to it, the sooner they can come to understand what it means for one another; for those that don't actually want to hurt their friends, but may be forced to. Then... maybe something can be done about that.

"No, not at all," she scoffs openly at this, sensing the edge in his tone that indicates he might've suspected as much. She leans against the arm of the chair almost restlessly, but none of her thoughts seem to converge into a coherent string she could present. There isn't a way to put this lightly, a way that could be acceptable. It's not a gift to wrap and put a little bow on top of.

"I went there to ask for help with Hotaru," she starts, gaze flashing from the moonlight as it hovers over Nate's darkened face. "Even though she's free, I doubt this is where it will end," But she is curious as to what Nate thinks, offering him a pointed lift of her brows. Given that he was once very close to Hotaru, maybe he has some sort of insight into what drives this woman.

It certainly wasn't loyalty or honor.

"She clearly isn't the type to sit down and take it when she feels she's been wronged, and we both know she has underhanded tactics when it comes to retaliation. I know she wanted to get revenge against you and Sunjata for.. personal reasons - she wants to kill me for what I did to Atlas. But Deimos being stripped of his position as General undoubtedly has them... scrambling. They had rank behind their actions before, and then they suddenly didn't..." And yet her tone seems to say except...

Because what better way to have power over others than to get pregnant with a demi-god. As has been proven by him breaking her out of jail. The timing had certainly been impeccable, on Hotaru's account.
So leave me and tell me what I already know
That I trialled and I failed and it's good to let it go

Messages In This Thread
blindsided - by Aurelia - 06-29-2021, 06:21 AM
RE: blindsided - by Nate - 06-29-2021, 06:39 AM
RE: blindsided - by Aurelia - 06-29-2021, 07:10 AM
RE: blindsided - by Nate - 07-02-2021, 06:42 AM
RE: blindsided - by Aurelia - 07-02-2021, 09:41 PM
RE: blindsided - by Nate - 07-05-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: blindsided - by Aurelia - 07-07-2021, 08:25 AM
RE: blindsided - by Nate - 07-11-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: blindsided - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 11:13 PM