Key Quest all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
we are just bodies of the faithful stacked dozens by the roadside
A weak smile graces her pretty face. Morgan's understanding only makes things harder, but Hotaru has done much worse things to kinder people. It's an unfortunate history, but one that lends her strength and certainty. "I was lucky enough to have a healer check after the event, before I arrived. Luckily the stress did not have a detrimental effect." Her hand cups her belly protectively, glad that the baby inside is not moving about today as they have slowly started to do. It lets her focus more clearly on Morgan's words, and though they come in a long stream Hotaru's sharp attention never wavers. Deimos' words come clear and resounding in her head after, confirming no lies.

"It's not easy to represent an entire people," she agrees softly. "Though many of our Ascended citizens seem to have departed I've noticed." Kiada, Elide. Were there any other Ascended that lived in Halo anymore aside from Neron? Despite the desire to fold her hands over the ends of the arm rests, Hotaru stubbornly keeps her arm protectively curved around her stomach as her eyes lift to find Morgan's. "And what of Neron? Does your relationship with him not bias you? The Voice could control him at any moment with the coming war - your own life could be at stake. Any of your council. Can you be neutral at all, when your heart is tied to The Voice because of his existence?" Her voice has gone implacable, hardened. She has earned the right to be so cruel, so expectant. Hotaru had to agree to do this despite her feelings for Nate. Her love for Kiada. She has already sacrificed so much to ensure The Voice would not win, and the war had not even begun.

Sighing softly, she does soften a moment later. "I don't want to hide this from you Morgan. I respect you very much as our Warden, and as a woman." But life is not fair, and Hotaru has chosen a path she cannot - will not - retreat from. "There have been orders, from the Gods themselves, to ensure Halo's loyalties as a land are committed to the Old Gods. They are not unaware of your ties to Neron - they were the ones to tell us about your relationship in the first place." Though Safrin's orders had been for Deimos directly, she would not betray the man's current presence, or single him out at all. "Those orders were given with the expectation that your position be taken by force." Pale, iridescent irises settle on the Glacier. Open and honest, even if what is being shared is treason of the highest order, and a betrayal aside. Safrin had not said those exact words, and surely Deimos' pendant would warm with the lie. But Hotaru would not give the Warden the chance to say she would change allegiances verbally, and not follow through - or retaliate against them in some other way. The risk was simply too high, as much as she desired such an easy and peaceful conclusion to the matter.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath - by Hotaru - 07-04-2021, 11:55 PM