Mini Event [SE] Man Door Hand Hook Car Door
Open SE ME for reading scary stories to each other
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MABEL

Sam’s tale already had Mabel shaking as soon as it’d begun; too closely connected to sisters and water, to the never-ending wake of drowning, to the sentiments of losing someone cherished and close. By the time it ended her eyes had become rounded saucers and the images had been too much to bear. And she immediately wanted to leave; her fingers trembling, curling back over one another, her knees brought up to her chest, hiding, hiding, hiding from the memories of the waves in her mouth, tossing and turning her about like nothing. As if she were dust and soot and ash, bone and figments, little drowned girl waiting for the fluid in her void to simply give up and give in.

She stood, abruptly, whole body unyielding. “I have to go now.” And without explanation, she slipped out of the confines, a shuddering, shaking mess, eyes downcast, limbs rigid, until she could reach the door, and peel away, back into shadows and heartache.

{Mabel out!}
If you dig under my feet
You will find things that you don't want to see
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Sam's story sent a shiver down Nikolai's spine. The unanswered questions and their implications doing more to scare him then anything else. "Jeez, that's horrible." He finally said, shoulders hunching a little bit subconsciously. Mabel's quick escape pulled him out of his thoughts and had him eyeing her retreating back with slight concern.

But he imagined she'd rather be alone, so instead he cleared his throat. "My turn I guess. Ah... got one."

"There was a man who lived alone in an old house. He had an ordinary, boring life and spent most of his time working. And when we got home he'd often just go to bed and do it all over again the next day." Nikolai set the stage, dragging his words out in a lazy manner.

His tone shifted, taking on a hushed urgency. "But there was something wrong with the house. Every day, even when he wasn't home, the neighbors said that they could hear knocking. It was considered haunted. One day the knocking was so bad it woke the man up from his sleep. Jumping out of bed, he searched and finally found the source of the knocking."

Nikolai's voice dropped. "It was coming from the mirror. And as the man walked over to it, the imprint of a palm appeared, pressing on the glass from the inside. The man watched with wide eyes as the hand became a fist and began to knock." He paused, to drag out the scene. "And do you know what the man said? He yelled, 'Stop it! No matter how many times you try to escape, I'm not letting you out! This is my body now.'" He leaned back in his chair, done with his story.
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
Well, oops. Sam had not considered the appropriateness of telling a story about missing sisters in front of Mabel, but...hopefully she'd forgive him. Watching her leave, he grit his teeth and went to focus back on the other two, smiling at their praise for his story (and 'horrible' was praise for a horror story, he thought). "Thank you."

Finally Nikolai's turn to tell a story arrived and Sam leaned forward to listen to what the man had brought to the event. It sounded quite nice honestly, living a simple and quiet life of work and sleep, but of course it got dark. A knocking mirror, a second self; not the most action-packed of horror tales, but subtle and creepy enough to earn an approving nod from Sam. "Wow! Creepy."

Not as many people as he had imagined had shown up to the event, but maybe that was a good thing; not too many stories to plague himself with at night. Looking to Cam and Nikolai, Sam thanked them both for coming and for sharing their stories, wished them luck in the gourd-infested world outside and went to close the shop.

{FIN}
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL