{open} changing the curtains while the house is burning
open!
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"Frustrating, yes, to say the least." Juniper sighed. "To be frank, 'despair' might be a better word."

She nodded as Sah spoke, appreciating his reasonable take. It did help, in fact, to have someone suggest a middle ground. But ... "I worry about wasting time and resources on a pointless project. If there is to be war, I can only hope that my own side wins, quickly and with as little loss of life as possible."

Juniper paused, her thoughts spiraling away: or should she hope that the war completely wiped out the "enemy," rather than giving the Voice and her followers a chance to regroup and cause further conflict?

What was worse than one war? Two wars.

Even with those thoughts unresolved, she let a quick smile quirk her lips in response to Sah's chuckle. She didn't mind his question, either: "We follow the Old Gods, and the Mathair, the goddess who rules the Greatwood. The Ascended drove her out ..."

Juniper stopped short of saying that the Mathair was back because she wasn't sure if that was common knowledge yet, and if not, it might yet prove advantageous for the Fae to keep it quiet. As pleasant as their conversation was at the moment, she didn't know where Sah's loyalties lay.
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Messages In This Thread
RE: {open} changing the curtains while the house is burning - by Juniper - 07-11-2021, 10:03 PM