{open} changing the curtains while the house is burning
open!
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"That sounds familiar," Juniper said, smiling. It was somehow nice to hear that Sah's world was not so foreign at all -- that Fae there could be like her people. "My people cannot lie, but some of us are quite skilled in twisting the truth ... though that has never been one of my strengths, personally."

Perhaps someone with greater subtlety of speech would make a better diplomat -- but, Juniper suspected, probably not. It benefited her to appear straightforward and trustworthy. And it wasn't just an appearance; she genuinely said nothing she did not mean.

"My people are also quite committed to protecting our home, which has given us a certain reputation in some corners ... though we have become more open lately." Partly as a result of Juniper's own actions.

Looking out across King's End, at the rising moon, Juniper sighed. "Well, I suppose I should get home. My people need to hear the news of war sooner rather than later. I'm glad we had the chance to speak, however."
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Messages In This Thread
RE: {open} changing the curtains while the house is burning - by Juniper - 07-28-2021, 03:38 PM