And i kept running for a soft place to fall
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam

Speed up to the precipice and then slam on the brakes
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
"Well yeah, obviously." Adam agreed, clearly quite pleased that she'd said so. For once though, he swiftly moved on from the appraisal of himself and focused on her, picking up on Maeve's sombre attitude.

She needed him; he was surprised she felt like she had to ask so carefully, as if he was going to say no. The one genuinely good quality Adam could lay claim to was that he was loyal to his friends (up until they became Demi Gods, broke his marriage and joined the side that wanted to murder him). Shuffling closer now that she was sat with him, Adam put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close. "Sure. You got me."

And she did, though what she said next did admittedly surprise him; Adam turned his head to stare at her for a moment, then looked away, trying to not seem too concerned. After all, if he took it in his stride, it would help her to, right? "Uhh...okay, well, lets take it one step at a time. Pregnant. Do you know who the dad is?" By the very nature of her job she'd have slept with a lot of people lately - for the briefest of seconds Adam was worried it might be himself, until he remembered he was permanently shooting blanks now.
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall

Messages In This Thread
RE: And i kept running for a soft place to fall - by Adam - 07-15-2021, 08:27 AM