And i kept running for a soft place to fall
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
"What a shame she's fucked in the head," they said.
It was easy to laugh at his little show of force given the juxtaposition of his form and what he was suggesting, but she knew he meant it. Even if he didn't exactly look the part. Likely didn't matter when you had more than enough fighting spirit to go with it. At least in his case. Reedy he might be, but Maeve knew that Adam wasn't lacking in strength. "I'll keep that in mind."

With a nod of her head, Maeve let it go, offering him a small smile in return. "I'm glad that you two are working it out. If you ever want it, though, just let me know. I have plenty of space there." And she did. There were rooms to spare for new workers or anyone who really needed it. She was looking to prepare it to be a safehouse for a reason.

Maeve felt him stiffen beside her and her heart sank just a little more. She wasn't close to any Ascended outside of Adam. The only other one she had relations with was Nate and there wasn't any love to be found between them. The Nightshade was admittedly fairly removed from it all, but it didn't change the fact that she was a follower of the Old Gods and he was a follower of the new. No matter how unwilling that following was. Adam didn't ask to Ascend. It's what happened and now he was dealing with the repercussions of that. It didn't stop her from grimacing as she glanced up at him, a line forming between her brows, "As long as I can help it, I won't let anything happen to you and if Safrin does make us bar Ascended from Torchline, I vow that it will be done peacefully. I don't want to hurt anyone Adam."

Especially not you. That part was silent, but it was clear with the way tears pricked at her eyes again and she quickly looked away, drawing in a trembling breath.
Maeve

Messages In This Thread
RE: And i kept running for a soft place to fall - by Maeve - 07-25-2021, 03:16 PM