I'd bring you further roses
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i've got a river for a soul
With a relieved laugh, Remi exhales and nods. "That helps." He says with a grin, storing those aesthetic choices away in a place he wouldn't soon forget.

Biting at the inside of his lip, Remi watches as Maeve's entire demeanor seems to change. This isn't a side he's seen of her, this vulnerability and honesty, and though he doesn't find it surprising at all, his breath catches in his throat just the same. Snorting a note of disapproval, the alchemist raises his eyes to the cloudless sky and the stars that twinkle above, free of Safrin's influence. "That is probably for the best." He all but grunts. "But then, after I broke Hotaru out of jail, he and I are not on the best terms, so..." Shrugging, Remi's expression is one that well knows how petulant he likely sounds.

'Does...that mean Safrin will be putting someone in his place, or...?" The question is hardly out before the world around them shivers with a cool breeze. The words, not Ronin sigh from every surface before Remi has a chance to rein-in his feelings. But gods, not Ronin. Please, not Ronin.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It's a carefully crafted talent honed from years of having to be whatever was requested of her. A mask that she doesn't allow to slip often, but here there is no one to judge her except for Remi. She knows he's already aware of the cloud of emotions swirling through her. There isn't any hiding it. Not when he's in her mind so intimately while they're here.

The snort does something to make her lips twitch, a slight smile curling there as she lets out a breath, "Things were very bad for a time. Everyone has become his enemy. It's influencing the choices he's been making." Something they both knew given that Hotaru had been held and subsequently banished from Torchline. "That mixed with appointing Nate to govern with him. She's unhappy with the power that gave the Voice." Another point Maeve doesn't need to explain to Remi either.

Before she has a chance to answer his question, the world around them sighs out a plea that she feels in her bones, a chill expanding through her chest. Her eyes flash up to him and she reaches out, a hand on his knee, understanding in her gaze. "From what I gathered. I don't think it'll be Ronin, though. She asked me who I thought would be fitting. I didn't give his name." It's meant to be a reassurance. That while Maeve knew Ronin could handle it should he be placed there, it wasn't a choice she wished upon the Star and the Lullaby.
But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush
I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Not feeling entirely charitable towards Sunjata just now, Remi exhales and gives his head a shake. "Once I thought that having my daughter die in my arms gave me the right to make bad choices. And I made many. You know what I learned after?" He raises an eyebrow, knowing well that he didn't need to finish the thought for Maeve, but doing so anyways. "It didn't." And if that hadn't absolved him, a piece of shit of a father reappearing could not save Sunjata either.

"Nate?." Barking a laugh, Remi doesn't bother to hide his disappointment. "What an idiot." He says, of them both. "What was he thinking?"

Her hand against his knee, clothed as it was, has the alchemist settling slightly. The world around them has its hackles raised though in small and almost imperceptible ways. "Safrin has a habit of moving Ronin about like a painting she can't quite decide on which wall she likes him best." He complains irritably, rubbing at his eyes with one hand. 'Who did you suggest?'
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

She understands his distaste for the governor, knowing that there are many things coloring his opinion of Sunjata, but he's not wrong. Even as the harshness of the words settle between them, Maeve knows that he's right to say as much, causing her to sigh softly. "I know. He's struggled with separating his personal life from what he needs to do as a leader. It's catching up to him now." As much as she wishes that wasn't the case. There was nothing to be done for it. Not when Safrin has taken notice of it as well.

"I don't know, Remi. I was surprised of the choice myself." Much like the Lullaby, Maeve had her own bones to pick with that particular ascended, prickling at the mere mention of him. "Probably that he could have his cake and eat it too." Maeve muttered, sparing a glance at Remi just as the world began to shudder.

Things calm, but only slightly. There is a buzzing in the air that slides across her skin, causing her to be on edge and it takes a concentrated amount of effort to calm herself so she might answer his question. "I believe she'll leave him be for now. She didn't seem to have any interest in bringing him back to Torchline." It's an attempt to calm him further, reassure him that they were safe where they were for a while longer. Not hat Maeve knew the thoughts of the goddess, but based off their conversation it didn't seem likely. "The only person I mentioned by name was Jack... Unaligned as he is, but she didn't seem interested in that idea."

Maeve pauses, licking her lips as she considers her next words, wondering for a moment if he would think it silly that she thought of herself for the role. "I told her I would help. If I was needed." A faint flush rises to her cheeks at this, eyes flicking up to Remi to gauge his reaction.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Even Ronin only acted as my advisor when I was Governor of Torchline." He offers. Safrin hadn't been so heavily involved then, but both the alchemist and Star had known then how strained things would be if they both ruled. 'It...' Wanting to say more things out of frustration, Remi just sighs away the heat that has started to build in the back of his throat and gives his head a shake. "I suppose we will see what happens."

For a moment, Remi doesn't react at all. He's still too annoyed about Sunjata and too wrapped up in his concerns over Ronin. "I'm sure she would like that." He says with a distant shrug, finding the idea of Maeve as a governor not so implausible that it shocks him out of his own mind. "I always forget you are not aligned with Frey." He admits after a moment, still trying to shake off the lingering clouds of uncertainty. 'Though I can see why you would be partial to Safrin, I suppose. Though...from personal experience I can tell you, it really is quite a terrible job.' He adds with a chuckle.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, brows pinching together, "Maybe he thought it would lighten the load." Her shoulders lift in a shrug, not knowing what else to really say for it when she didn't understand the motivation behind it herself. It's easy to tell that he has more he wants to say, but the alchemist bites his tongue, dismissing the topic completely. "That's we can do at this point." She agrees, not seeing how he's wrong.

It's hard to say whether Safrin would like that, but she offered anyway. If only because it felt like the thing to do. The comment about Frey earns him a snort and she huffs a laugh, lips twitching into a smirk, "I know it seems like they would be most fitting." Her mind flicks back to her one meeting with the herald and how poorly it went, but at this point she was dedicated to Safrin and she's happy that way. "Oh? How do you mean?" Maeve asks curiously in regards to the comment about Safrin, arching a brow as her head cocks to the side before a smile tugs on her lips. "I have no doubt. I like to think I'd do a good job of it. Even if it's a terrible position to be in." She laughs softly, giving him a gentle nudge, "Does this mean you'll be around for advice?" The Madame teases.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Rolling his eyes playfully, the alchemist can only shrug his shoulders. "Well I suppose that all depends on what happens. I am not...welcome in Torchline just now. Sunjata has not banned me from coming and going, though I know he would prefer if I just stayed away." So would he be around for advice? Not really.

"But that is one thing you will never be short of, should you become governor: there will always be people around to tell you how to do your job better." Snorting, Remi shakes his head slightly.

"I should be able to have your bow finished in a few days...I can send you a note when it is finished and meet with you somewhere?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"I see. Well, if I become a leader, you'll be more than welcome back in Torchline as far as I'm concerned." As much as she liked Sunjata, he wouldn't be the one in charge and Remi had never done anything untoward to her. Truthfully he's been a friend and the Madame would like to keep it that way.

With plans made and bows discussed, Maeve nods in response to his proposal, offering the Lullaby a smile. "Of course. Thank you for this and for the dream. It was nice. I'll see you soon." She gives his knee one final squeeze before drawing her hand back, allowing herself to simply enjoy this place for a moment longer before he sent her back to her own bed.

~FIN <3~