[seasonal event] the story i heard
open luxere thread!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Wessex should laugh; politeness doesn’t equal kindness. Politeness is a useful mask, used more often than not to conceal true intentions, to lead the sheep down one path while the shapeshifting shepherd doubles back and turns into a wolf. She is fire and steel and blades, but she also knows (occasionally) when to dampen the fire, sheath her steel, and retract her blades. Occasionally. Though some  modern psychologists might wonder if Wessex has Aspergers, those who knows her well would just say she’s a blunt asshole and don’t make any excuses for her behavior.  

But in this case, the Natural woman has no need to be anything other than polite. They want the same thing: to attract and keep the Luxere around. Why do anything to jeopardize that?

While the Luxere wander in the opposite direction, their distaste for the two women painfully obvious, Wessex nods as an acknowledgement to Rexanna’s name and ties the hay bag closed again. No point in wasting it on this ungrateful lot - or so she tells herself, perhaps more bitter about the rejection than she ought to be. Not bitter enough to change her lifestyle, more of an ‘in the moment’ thing. But the next thing the Outlander woman says gives her pause, and she looks back at her curious face, trying to figure out if there’s anything other than an innocent question behind it.

“No…” she begins slowly. “After -” but then she cuts herself off, unwilling to tell her story to a complete stranger. “ - it was an easy decision.” And with that, she turns away, indicating that that topic, at least, is over. But she’s not quite ready to go. “Have you Outlanders listened to our warnings about LongNight?”

Aka, will there need to be a clean-up crew when the light returns?

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here

Rexanna

Messages In This Thread
[seasonal event] the story i heard - by Rexanna - 02-10-2019, 12:59 AM
RE: [seasonal event] the story i heard - by Wessex - 02-16-2019, 07:00 PM