A pause to hunt
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000
yet my blood renders me a King
With a nod, Sah got into position. Once Deimos' magic activated, the Abandoned began to stalk forward. Keeping to any and all foliage or rocks for cover, he made his way closer to the moose while staying downwind. The bull was young but it looked healthy and strong. For her own safety, Lilly remained beside the Sword, content to observe.

Once Sah was within striking range, he silently pushed off the rock in front of him, leaping at the moose. Sword charged with lightning, he attempted to slash the back of it's thighs to cut the tendons in the hopes of making it fall. That way he'd actually be able to reach it for a killing strike.  From there, he'd attempt to slash the back of the moose's neck in an efficient kill.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
While his Life Drain clutched at the young bull, circumventing, coiling, contorting, measuring strength against vitality – Sah’s lightning strike was less pervasive. Their experience with the ursur hadn’t been very telling, perhaps, given the state of the bear’s full belly and fatigue. This moose was spry, and unwilling to go down without a fight – hind legs launching towards Sah. There was a blow in there somewhere, but upon the Abandoned instead, that had Deimos clenching his jaw, and yelling out over the snow. “All right?” Zuriel tucked her way in behind, an offering of healing if necessary, and the Sword shook his head, shifting instantly.

So much for another nice, clean, quick kill.

The hellhound barraged and bombarded efficiently, quickly, mauling up to the side of the moose as it began tearing its way through the tundra.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah grit his teeth as the kick landed. Holding his side he called out, "I'm good, just bruised!" Painfully bruised, but nothing was broken. Seeing Zuriel approach had the Abandoned relaxing. But before he let himself heal and relax, he pulled out a dagger.

With narrowed eyes, he threw it with both with his hand and his telekinesis. His aim was the moose's side, opposite of where Deimos was. He didn't want to be a burden on the hunt after all.

Knife thrown he turned towards Zuriel. "Would you please heal my ribs?"  Sah asked, grimacing slightly when speaking aggravated the injury. Lilly sniffed her bonded worriedly, feeling his pain through their bond. Once Sah's ribs were healed, he'd chase after Deimos and the moose.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
It turned out this way was much more efficient – despite the hellhound barely keeping up with the motoring moose. Perhaps it finally came together when Sah’s dagger was flung, straight into the massive beast’s opposing shoulder. An immediate limp went into the juvenile’s movements, permitting time for Deimos to reach out, snag, lock, his jaws around portions of windpipe. The moose staggered, going down to its knees, and the canine waited patiently, as air began to run out; slowly, slowly, slowly.

He’d heard the I’m good, just bruise portion, and so had Zuriel. Wise, courageous, and very imperious, the mare motioned forward, coasting along the ice and snow as if she owned it, slightly amused at the younger man’s question. If she were in a worse mood, she might’ve teased or taunted him for it; but instead, there was a slight tilting of her head, before it was bowed. The horn glowed, ethereal and effervescent, into the air – presiding, providing, stitching seams and mending proportions, working diligently over the press of mauled ribcages.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah felt a surge of triumph when his dagger pierced the bull's shoulder. He watched out the corner of his eye as Deimos brought the creature down afterwards. It was satisfying that even injured, he'd managed to contribute. The Abandoned would hate to be a burden .
Sah glanced up as Zuriel approached with the aura of a Queen deeming to grace her subject with her presence. It was a bit amusing  but he made sure not react. The unicorn would likely take offense to any laughter in that regard. Instead he smiled gratefully as the unicorn worked her magic. Letting out a small sigh of relief, the Abandoned felt the pain in his chess lessen. Breathing became easier, and it was only after the uniron was through that he realized just how much pain he'd actually been in. Bruised ribs hurt.

"Thank you Zuriel. That really helped." Sah gave the unicorn a grateful smile, and a nod of respect. Her power was certainly nothing to scoff at. Wounds mended, he returned his eyes to Deimos. It seemed the hunt was just about done.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The feeling of another’s life draining from his presence had long since been eradicated from his mind. Normal and happenstance from an early age, ingrained and embedded in his head, to a certain coldness, a vicious nonchalance, a chilling void, from training to become a soldier to warrior – so as the moose’s breath faded and heartbeat slowed, everything foiled and fumbled, the hellhound merely stood, remained, a stark vehemence and presence against the outline of ivory. Eventually, the bull dropped completely, still, and he backed away, bowing his head at its gift, at its return into something, somewhere else; before shifting, and motioning back over to Sah, presuming he'd been mended and tended to. “Bring the sled, and we can prepare this too.”

Zuriel, content with her presence utilized and not drifting along in boredom, nodded at Sah’s gratitude. Thereafter, she motioned out of the way, gaze pinpointing on the sled as the Abandoned had been directed.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah grabbed the sled as directed and began to pull it to where the moose lay prone. Bending down, he retrieved his dagger and upon cleaning it, put it away for later. Afterwards he glanced at the Sword sheepishly. "Sorry about the mess that attempt was." The Abandoned was rather embarrassed about the failure. He'd gotten too cocky for a second there and had underestimated the young bull.

Grabbing his tools from his bag, Sah went about preparing the bull, murmuring a quick, "Thank you", of his own to the creature before beginning. The hunt finished, Lilly padded up to sit beside her bonded. Gently nosing his side she checked his now healed ribs. Finding his health satisfactory, she gave Zuriel a thankful yip, a small wag of her tail.

Meanwhile Lilly directed emotions of concern, and exasperation towards the Abandoned. And then an image, a threat. Her intention was clear. If he didn't stop getting hurt, Lilly was going to sit on him and never let him leave the house again. The threat had Sah cackling, and he reached over to ruffle his pup's fur fondly.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
If Sah was embarrassed about the mistake, Deimos wouldn’t permit it. “As long as you learn from it,” he gestured with a handwave. “You were lucky, and Zuriel was here.” The Sword could give a horde of lectures on the value of staying alive, and all his errors, his circumstances, and the fortune of how the hell he was even still on this earth. “Never underestimate your adversary,” was a pointed figment, before rummaging back to their movements. Complacency was a death sentence in its own way.

He assisted in the preparations, with no need to go and eat the moose’s heart to determine status as hunter or not, they could counter, conquer, and divide easily. Sleeves rolled up over forearms, hands eventually stained in blood, he gave a light snort to Lilly’s antics, but didn’t hear the threat embedded within. Zuriel inclined her head in the direction of the cub, and then set about digging her way through snow.

“All right,” he managed. “Time to lift it,” and he indicated where he wanted Sah placed, so they could put it in the sled beside the felled ursur, and start to make their way home.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah nodded sharply in understanding. He hadn't made a mistake like that since he was younger, and it peeved him that he'd done so. But it was a good reminder of staying vigilant on the hunt. Of always being ready for the unexpected, prepared to switch tactics had a moment's notice. All lessons that Sah had learned as a pup, but seemed he'd have to relearn and remember as a human.

With Deimos' help, the moose was prepared with ease and hardly any time at all. One they were done, the Abandoned placed his hands as needed. The two hunters quickly go the moose loaded and secured onto the sled. Cleaning and putting away his tools, Sah gave a satisfied nod. "I think the sled's full now. Should we head back?"

After taking a step, he paused. "There was one other thing that I was hoping to get your advice on." The tips of his ears turned the faintest tint of red.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
It wasn’t just with hunting. It circumvented everywhere; spiraled in hazes of this world and the next. There would always be others who disagreed. Who grew disgruntled with anothers’ boundaries. Who held no appeal. Who irked and irritated. It was better to underestimate, to believe the individual was powerful, potent, and deadly; a lethal combination, and to start there, rather than being immersed in conceit. Deimos had never believed himself better than anyone or anything else (usually considering his soul buried in the unworthy and undeserving parameters – though it was becoming better). But with the agreement and accord, he’d say nothing more on the subject. Sah had likely already embedded it within his skull.

Content now with the moose and ursur, Deimos cleaned off the remnants of sinew and blood, and nodded in agreement. “Yes.” It was more than enough; Halo would be content with another load of furs and hides, meat and bones, to whittle away edges and hungry stomachs. Another day of mouths fed and citizens revitalized.

Pulling at the sled, the Sword hadn’t counted on the notions of another inquiry – turning his head back over his shoulder, arching his brow at the way Sah’s ears had already turned red. A fair amount of dread, apprehension, and something else that could’ve been amusement funneled through his lungs, and he couldn’t withhold the snort. “Depends on what it is.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
The snort got a half-hearted glare from the Abandoned. "Relax, I'm not going to ask you any horrifically embarrassing things. At least, I don't think they are." And that was part of the problem, the Outlander had no idea what counted as embarrassing or too personal for humans.

"As I'm sure you've guessed, it's relating to courting. Though I'm still figuring out my own emotions on that." Sah said with a resigned sigh, running a hand through his hair. Was Seren just a friend, or not? "In my world, I did act as a surrogate for two close friends and sired them twins but.." He shook his head. "I don't know anything when it comes to actual courting and romance."

Sah worked up the nerve to glance at Deimos. "I just wanted to know, what generally goes into basic human courtship? Because I get the inclination that leaving kills and random shiny or soft trinkets at their doorstep to prove you can provide them food and comfort, isn't acceptable."  He asked with mild humor, sticking to the basics on purpose. The Outlander did not have the energy for talking about anything more personal then basic customs.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He likely should’ve considered that first statement initially – given Sah’s predilections towards information about being human – nearly opened his mouth at the initial set, and then closed it quickly when the Abandoned continued onward.

Courting. Dating. The Sword could understand those parameters for a moment – though it took him an instant longer when the other man mentioned being a surrogate and some twins and Deimos’ eyes narrowed into small pinpoints of piercing blue in utter confusion.

And let that go – except for the wiring in his brain flatlining into a distinct what.

Time to turn the tables of the beginning awkward fumblings; and so he drew a breath, let it slowly cast away out of his lungs, and pulled the sled to fill in the sudden silence. “I am not certain I am the best person to ask about these matters,” considering Huyana in multiple lives (gone, dead, buried, lost), and then Amalia, and the eventual, swift demise of everything they’d built. “Is this concerning Seren?” A very juvenile sort of grin settled into the corner of his mouth, a tease, a taunt, to force his own insecurities and vivid memories away.

The other inquiries caused him to snort, leading their trek back to the Citadel with long strides, as if hastening quicker steps might make this less painful. “Find things they like. Not just materials or objects, but activities too.” How many times had he and Amalia danced and cajoled, incited mischief, in between all those moments of trauma? When he hadn’t even been the Sword and she hadn’t been the Shield; and he’d placed lavender in the bakery’s garden? Wished for easier things and better lives? “Simple things you can share. I did tell her about your oven.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah gave a small snort of laughter, acknowledging the point. "But it was either you or Aino. I chose who was less likely to scar me for life." Though the Abandoned still wasn't sure if he'd chosen correctly. Time would tell.

And then Deimos opened his mouth and Sah realized he was fucked either way. The Abandoned gave his companion a deadpan look. "Yes, it is." The slight flush was back and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "But I'm not going to torture you by talking  about 'feelings'. Especially not when I'm still figuring mine out." He'd save the other man that awkwardness. The only thing Sah wanted from Deimos were basic facts on the customs of  human courtship.

Deimos delivered exactly what he was looking for thankfully. Sah nodded at the advice, trying to absorb it for later use. "So same as developing a friendship basically. Just different emotions and intentions. And maybe different activities. Got it." The mention of his source of cookies had Sah chuckling. "So I should expect a hungry Demi-god coming to my door in search of dessert? Good to know."

Sah paused for a moment and let out a sigh. "I only had one other question. Are there any.. I don't... absolute 'do not do' type things?  Besides the obvious of not respecting boundaries or privacy, not actually communicating, etc." He gave a small shrug of his shoulders. "I just don't want to accidently violate some custom or cross a line that I had no idea existed ,but should have been obvious if I were human. Sah explained briefly.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Aino might’ve been the better option simply so he didn’t have to go through this. The Sword only acknowledged this mode of thought with a snort, before continuing to stretch out his strides, wishing the Citadel would rise out of the tundra once more.

At least the flush of embarrassment was right there on Sah; and he could continue with some semblance of a mischievous grin. A shrug of his shoulders followed at the notion of feelings; no need to wander deep into that trap and snare. This was torture enough.

He narrowed his eyes and scrutinized the layers they might have to meander through, and the rigidity of his spine unfurled. Taller and stronger and more forbearing, and perhaps that would make the sled loaded on with two massive animals go swifter. At least Sah seemed to already have the basics in mind, and if the Sword cringed at the communication proportions, it was only out along the ivory and not back at the Abandoned. “Pay respect to each other’s comfort levels.” No pushing, no cajoling, into something neither were ready for, the aspects of boundaries. Being there for one another crossed his mind, but perhaps that was too deep for something fragile and new and not even truly established. They’d find their bearings.

And then something else came to mind that made him laugh – a loud exuberant chuckle that ricocheted off a portion of boulders along the same, scaring Belial. “Take care not to anger her mother or father.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I