Attempting Humility
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825

What. What could she possibly help with!? The urge to tell him no purely out of spite was strong but she shoved it down. He had screamed at her, slammed a door in her face, broken her door, made her cry...did she really owe him her time or assistance? She didn't think so - and frankly spoke a lot about her feelings towards him. Usually Phoebe didn't think too deeply about her assistance being owed, and gave purely because it was the right thing to do. But Bastien rubbed her in such a wrong way, grated against every single nerve in her person, that she was searching for excuses not to help. But her vindictive side was not nearly so well developed as her good nature and so she stepped aside for him to come in.

"I...have come to make amends. Of a sort."

Why. Her brow furrowed, caught between confusion and an irritated glare. In most cases, making amends with someone was a selfless act, rooted in the need to make things right and bring peace to someone you had wronged. In Bastien's case? Well she couldn't help but assume that it was purely selfish. She wasn't sure she was ready to help him feel atoned for whatever guilt he carried that involved her. He deserved to sit and stew with whatever emotion he felt needed amending with her.

"I have come to tell you you were right, cara. About some things."

Insert the biggest gaping stare of the century here. Her already wide-eyes widened to near doll-like proportions. Her lips parted slightly as her jaw dropped. So shocked was she that she actually sort of slammed the door closed. Not a real slam, more a very decided shut of the door, and the handle seemed to be what was keeping her on her feet. She was right?? One more time for the people in the back: she was right????

"Say that again. No qualifiers." she said, still gaping at him. She wanted to hear him repeat it before she believed it. "Then tell me what happened that brought you to this conclusion."

Phoebe
shine like gold, buzz like a bee, oh you make me smile

Messages In This Thread
Attempting Humility - by Bastien - 02-10-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Phoebe - 02-10-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Bastien - 02-10-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Phoebe - 02-10-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Bastien - 02-10-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Phoebe - 02-10-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Bastien - 02-10-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Phoebe - 02-10-2019, 10:10 PM
RE: Attempting Humility - by Bastien - 02-10-2019, 10:37 PM