one step forward, two steps back
For Jata <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It was kind of working before the breeze caused the bridge to sway, but she's not about to admit that. Especially when she's trying desperately to keep her shit together. Maeve doesn't have any retorts for him right now. Any sass that was left has been whisked away by the breeze. She does listen to him, though.

Her breathing doesn't slow and her heart continues to beat erratically against her chest, keeping her from really centering herself as she wills her feet to move, not wanting to seem like such a coward to him even if it's way too late for that. She just wants it to be done and that's ultimately what gets her legs to work again. Maeve shuffles the last few steps forward, very aware of the tears stinging her eyes and the way her stomach rolls violently, but it isn't until her feet touch onto solid ground that she lurches forward.

Moving faster than he's likely expecting, Maeve disappears into the underbrush before promptly bracing her hands against her knees and losing the contents of her stomach. Morning sickness (more like anytime sickness) and stress do not mix. Apparently neither does pregnancy and heights. The more you know.
But the cut of your love never hurts, baby
It's a sweet butter knife
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
SUNJATA
He remains silent as she manages to get her way over the bridge and back to solid ground. He even remains leaning against the post when she lurches forward, disappearing into the underbrush and heaves up the contents of her stomach. All things of which Sunjata remains silent for. Only when he thinks she might be done does he push himself off of the rail, discarding the vine into the brush where it might be able to continue some idea of a circle of life, before his hands get shoved into his pockets and he steps down the path a bit more.

I didn’t bring a pack so if you need water we’ll have to hopefully find some along the way.” He calls over to where he’d watched her disappear into, still idly waiting for her to return before he continues on. He doesn’t look back her way, though, instead he squints down the path where more vines await but at least the bridge itself has been crossed. Solid ground from here on out, just thick and dense with foliage and vines and a hint of mist that manages to creep through it all.
i no longer know if i wish to drown myself
in love, vodka, or the sea
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Thankfully the sickness passes quickly once she actually empties the contents of her stomach, leaving her shaking and winded, a foul taste in her mouth. He doesn't give her a hard time for this either, choosing to stay silent as she deals with the bout of sickness. "S'fine... I have some." It's one of the things she doesn't leave without now. Not after the first time she got thrown across the Wilds with no supplies except the clothes on her back. Maeve grabs her canteen from inside her small pack, untwisting the top and taking a swig, swishing out her mouth and spitting into the bushes as she steps back onto the trail.

"You know.. Same thing almost happened when I flew on Ronin's nimbus, but I didn't have the excuse of being pregnant then." She huffs, taking another drink of water to wash the acid out of her throat, wincing at the slight burn. Maeve draws in a ragged breath, walking a bit more slowly than she might usually, clearly still recovering from the whole ordeal of it all.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He nods as she mentions she’s brought her own water, and he waits as she gathers herself up enough to start walking again. Her pace is slow and Sunjata does his best to match it once he’s realized she’s fallen behind — only by noticing the few times he’s tilted his head to look and she’s been left back a fair amount.

Well, had you not told me you did it on Ronin’s cloud then I would have simply assumed it was the pregnancy.” He murmurs, waggling a brow back in her direction, before he’s pausing in his step for her to catch up. “You did well, though. You made it across the bridge and now you don’t have to cross it again.” He hums thoughtfully, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug as his gaze leaves her for the wild, untamed world that surrounds them.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"To be fair, I think it was both in this case. The heights didn't help." She says with a slight grimace before giving his arm a playful shove at the eyebrow waggle when she catches up to his side once more. Maeve sighs, trying her best to keep pace, but her body demands she takes things more slowly and she's not going to ignore the signs. "Thanks... Sorry I took so long." Her smile is a touch sheepish, a faint flush rising to her cheeks before she's taking another sip of water.

"So you're finally moving, huh? I think that'll be good for you guys. Get away from all of it while you still can." Talk spread fast and Maeve didn't blame Sunjata at all for making the choice. With all that's happened recently and the approaching war it's likely the only time they'll have together. "Have you decided when you're leaving?" Maeve asks conversationally, keeping a bit better pace with him now but still walking a bit more slowly than she might usually.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s alright.” He rumbles for her, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug. “You made it across and that’s what matters, right?” He hums thoughtfully, before flashing her a wink and continues on the path with his hands shoved in his pockets.

There’s something that makes him bristle internally, the ‘whole you still can’ said so nonchalantly. Even if he knows it’s true and has said as much before, it was different hearing it come from someone else. So he nods, stares ahead, trying to figure out where to begin. “Safrin helped with the decision making on that.” He hums consideringly. “We’re going to go to the Wilds I think. Isolated, nice, just us and nobody to keep knocking on our door.” He pauses, stopping so that she can catch up and walk along beside him.

We’ll need to build it and pick the space still, so we’ll be around for a bit longer. We’ll see.” He takes a deep breath, shoulders relaxing with the motion. “It’s nice, though. I haven’t ever gotten a break from it, really. You’re lucky to have Aurelia with you to make the decisions.” Another brief pause. “It is a huge job to do by yourself.” And not everyone was going to be happy with you about it either.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The wink he sends her way doesn't cause that usual fluttering in her stomach and Maeve wonders if that charm of his has finally lost its shiny appeal to her. Maeve still smiles softly in his direction, wrapping her arms about her middle as they walk, "I suppose you're right."

Different as it might be, it's simply the truth. Not just for him, bu for everyone. For her, Aurelia, Sunjata, Seren, all of them. This is the calm before the storm and they will all inevitably be caught in. If there is a moment for any of them to enjoy what they have, it's this one. Maeve nods at the mention of Safrin, knowing that she had a hand in it all, especially given their conversation. "That sounds nice." She offers him a smile, thinking hat perhaps it would be for the best, both of them gone from Torchline for the time being.

"I have no doubt you'll find something suitable." Maeve falls into step with him, finally keeping pace with him as well as she can given his longer legs. At the mention of Aurelia, Maeve can't help the smile that curls on her lips, something softer edged as her eyes dip down to the path before them. "I'm glad to be doing this with her. I think we'll make a good team."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It sounds nice and it will be nice, once they finally manage to take the next step into clearing the area they’ve chosen as well as hauling the lumber and putting in the work to make it manageable. He wonders if it’s worth seeing if Nate could borrow some magic from someone to speed up the process or if they’d both rather it be done by hand (or claw).

Idly though, he hums his agreement as she falls into step with him, trying his best to keep his steps shorter so she doesn’t have to work as hard. “I think you do too.” He offers quietly, keeping his hands in his pockets as they walk, as the sunlight dapples through the thick foliage again and again. “I trust Aurelia, it’s why I made her Arbiter in the first place. She’ll do well with Torchline in mind and with you at her side.” His shoulders roll a fraction as they walk, but the flood keeps his attention forward on the path ahead.

And I need time away to remember what it’s like to really be me.” He’s been lost in his attempts to placate everyone. And with no region to watch out for, he can start to layer his boundaries again, start to build himself back into who he should have been rather than what he’s become.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her lips twitch and she looks up at him, feeling a small surge of pride at the admission, "Thanks. She and I work well together." Sure, not much has happened yet, but they've already had to make a few choices together and both of them had been on the same page. Maeve licks her lips, eyes training back on the path as she walks, a quiet hum rising in her throat. "I like to think that we both have Torchline's best interest in mind."

Another nod, another slight smile, "It sounds like it's been a long time coming. I'm glad you have the chance to get out now." Maeve wrinkles her nose, bumping into his side playfully, "And now I am the one burdened with glorious purpose." She laughs, her smile growing as she looks up at him.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Sunjata nods his support of that, despite knowing how variable that Torchline’s Interests really ran. It all depended on the Governors and what they deemed to be relevant and important, with each one focusing on other things. For Sunjata? His idea of running Torchline hadn’t flown with Safrin, and after being torn and stuck in the middle for so long, he had to break away.

It didn’t mean he didn’t love Torchline any less. He still believed his days would be spent in old age alongside a beach somewhere with a nice home and his family nearby. Provided he ever got to old age.

Sunjata hums his agreement, even as she nudges his side with a light bump, his head tilting back down toward her as his gaze scans her with a raise of his brow at the smile she beams up at him. And of course, he rolls his eyes, unable to keep from doing it. “Glorious purpose, huh?” He mutters, keeping his hands still in his pockets. “We’ll see how you feel in a year.” He teases her back easily, huffing a soft laugh beneath his breath.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve laughs softly, happy to see that her joke was well enough received even if he did roll his eyes at her, "I'm sure we will." She hums, walking forward with him, eyes flicking up to scout ahead of them. "About how far do we have to go, do you think?" The question is still quiet between them as if she's concerned with disturbing the Wilds around them, steps barely making a sound as they moved.

She hates to admit it, but she's rather tired. Even though she isn't heavily pregnant, her body is still supporting a new life and herself, using way more energy than she is use to. Her steps are still slow, a slight slump to her shoulders, face a little more pale than usual. Hopefully they don't have too much further to go.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Just over that ridge I think.” He offers quickly, keeping his pace with hers if only to not lose her behind him. Just over the ridge and through the last bit of trees before Torchline should spread out before them, luckily enough for Maeve sober Sunjata meant he knew how to get out of the insanity of the Wilds, wouldn’t be stuck here like he had with his father when Shaju had broken his wing.

He scans the world around them, reaching out through his ability to compel creatures, sending a few brightly hued macaws out to ensure he was correct — before the birds return and perch on his shoulder, acknowledging that he’d indeed been right. “I double checked, not too much longer.” He tilts his head down to her, flashing her an easy smile underneath the feathered friends that find their space on his shoulders. Two on his left and one on his right. None of the birds match his shift, though, mostly a lighter blue and gold, the scarlet, and a green one with a bright red patch above its beak.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Thank gods." Maeve mutters, huffing out a breath of relief and it's easier to return his smile knowing that they don't have much further to go, but the appearance of the birds draws her attention of the moment. Her brows lift, head tilting to the side curiously, "Well that's a new little trick." She hums, reaching up to scritch the top of the head of one, causing its feathers to fluff up as it croaked out something that could be a sound of delight.

The sudden appearance of the birds reminds of her something and she turns her attention to Sunjata once more, jade eyes softening, "Jata, can I ask a very tiny favor?" And it is truthfully a very small favor. One that won't even affect him really. Before he has a chance to worry, she pressed forward, "Can I have one of your feathers? Safrin asked me to get one for a weapon she's making me and I have a feeling that she might prefer one of yours over a random Hels." She huffs a soft laugh at that list bit, waiting to see what he might say in return.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Not new.” Sunjata murmurs, reaching up to scratch at his new feathered friends. “One of the first things I could do when I attuned.” Macaws specifically, that is, seeing as it was his first shift he’d gotten. Aside from that, Sunjata let’s the birds linger longer, relishing in the bit of praise, before they’re departing with a swift command from Sunjata, leaving the Flood to listen for the favor.

A dark brow raises in her direction, before she continues and he’s slightly more confused but much more relieved. “Sure.” He offers, extending his star and wave tattooed arm in front of him, partially shifting it to mimic the wing of his macaw shift. Here, he plucks a total of three of his navy feathers, before partially shifting back and hands them to her, before rubbing at his arm where he’d pulled them. “Have three just in case.” After all, he doesn’t know what she plans to use them for. Perhaps they’re decoration.