under garden and calicos
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"I think it's only in Flowerbirth that you have to worry. I was there very briefly with Locke. It's truly rather beautiful. Not the same as our jungles, but still a sight to behold." Maeve returns her smile, speeding up her steps so she isn't lagging as far behind, but because of this she's met with the full brunt of Aurelia's barely contained disapproval. Her brows knit together and before the Fireheart can move off from her and continuing to clear their path, Maeve reaches for her wrist, stopping her gently so she might soothe her concerns.

With a great amount of patience Maeve gazes at her, jade eyes searching her features and finding nothing but worry for the wellbeing of herself and her child, "Is vulnerable. I understand, but I spoke to Phoebe about such concerns. She reassured me I can still function normally, but to be mindful and careful. Believe me when I say I won't let a single thing happen to my baby." She murmurs, dipping forward to press their foreheads together for only a moment, drawing in a slow breath. "And I know you won't either. I know you care about the safety of both of us. It's why I asked you to stay. It's why I need you, Aurelia." Maeve draws back to give her a small reassuring smile, releasing her finally so that she might press forward once more, returning to the task at hand.

The comment shouldn't make her laugh, but it does, the sound a quick huff before she remembers herself. Maeve clears her throat, a smile still tugging on her lips, "I doubt it has anything to do with the ursurs." Maeve mutters mostly to herself, pausing her steps as Aurelia hacks away at a particularly stubborn branch.

"I didn't think you did. Not now. Not with everything else we have need to be concerned with." Maeve hums, wrapping her arms around her middle, "But I do think we should exercise caution with her. She wrote to me as well. Not as a leader, but as a friend, simply telling me of her current situation. I responded in kind." She eyes Aurelia, knowing that her counterpart likely won't be thrilled to hear as much, but she had her reasons. "I didn't want to give her reason to suspect that something might be... off. I'm being careful, I assure you." Maeve had made no mention of Torchline or anything beyond herself in that letter. The fact that she was pregnant and no longer with Locke being the primary focus.

She slows behind Aurelia, coming to a stop just behind her, offering a nod of agreement, "There isn't one. At least not currently. We have plenty to focus on here without worrying over other regions just yet." Maeve thinks that siding with anyone right off would be to show their cards too early. Safrin hasn't told them to make alliances just yet and until their goddess thinks such moves are necessary, they'll continue to keep their cards close to their chest.
But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush
I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush

Messages In This Thread
under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 03:40 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 11:26 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-21-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-21-2021, 07:18 PM