under garden and calicos
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It’s impossible not to notice the myriad of emotions swirling in the moss green gaze she’s grown so incredibly fond of. Aurelia doesn’t bother hiding from her and she thinks for a moment that they weren’t like this before. This close. This open. This dependant. Her heart seems to skip in her chest, beating sporadically against her ribs as she attempts to draw Aurelia into herself only to be stopped by a gentle hand on her shoulder, but the Fireheart doesn’t push her away.

Instead their eyes meet, Aurelia seeming to search for something there before she speaks, words firm and unyielding. Despite this there is a gentleness to them that Maeve likely wouldn’t have noticed before, but it’s clear as day to her now, wrapping around her comfortingly as a breath is drawn between parted lips. Slightly chapped lips brush against her forehead, the tips of Aurelia’s fingers pressing against the back of her neck and she relaxes into it, nodding slowly. ”I do trust you, but you’re right. I know you said you’ll be here for me, but a part of me is still scared. I- I don’t want to be alone, ‘Relia.” The confession is soft, a slight waver coloring her voice as her eyes close, lingering in this embrace for a moment longer.

The tenderness they find in each other fades seconds later as Aurelia draws back, beginning to press forward again only to stop in her tracks as Maeve mentions Hotaru and a part of her was prepared for something like this. Truly. What she isn’t prepared for is the hand that finds hers, drawing it away from her middle, scarred and calloused skin against hers that bears nothing remotely the same. The touch is comforting. Something that she needs given what Aurelia says. It’s a hard truth. One that Maeve admittedly wanted to avoid, but it needs to be said.

The Fireheart is right. Even if it makes her stomach twist to know that this isn’t a tightrope she can walk anymore, Aurelia is there to catch her, to keep her close and safe. Her eyes drop, exhaling sharply as her shoulders slump, already trying to make peace with what this means. Hotaru had told her before to move on, hadn’t she? To build her life here and focus on that, right? She had to know that she might not fit into that life again. Before Maeve became queen alongside Aurelia it might have been possible, but now she had a duty to uphold. She had a region to take care of and Aurelia needed her here. Aurelia needed all of her.

”I believe you and I know that I- I can’t try to play both sides with this. I’ll… I’ll let this go. What we had before can’t be anymore, you’re right.” The Nightshade looks up to her counterpart then, searching her eyes for some reassurance that this is the right choice, that Aurelia isn't going to let her face it alone.
But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush
I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush

Messages In This Thread
under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 03:40 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 11:26 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-21-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-21-2021, 07:18 PM