under garden and calicos
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

She draws back and pauses when Maeve's softer tones fill the air between them. At first, there's a flicker of instinctive hurt that surfaces in her gaze at the Nightshade's admittance. But as she searches the woman's face, all she can find is the open understanding that's always been there. It's with a sigh that Aurelia pulls back, glancing up at the foliage that twists and unfurls around them, and then back to the slender edges of Maeve's cheeks.

She reaches up to smooth her thumb over the apple of one of those cheeks, "It's okay to be scared," her gaze wanders to midnight-black hair as she pushes a lock of it out of Maeve's eyes. "Most people are, when they're with me," it feels like she's admitting to something, though she doesn't know what, "but I promise that you're safe with me. I can keep you safe. I'm not gonna let go of you for as long as you keep holding onto me, okay?" Her brows tilt upward in her earnesty and she lingers a little closer for a little longer.

And in her mind, she debates kissing Maeve, and her gaze wanders down to those plush, pink lips as she lowers her hand to take the other queen's in it. Her gaze remains on Maeve's mouth as she relents to Aurelia's will. In a way, she feels... guilty. She knows that Maeve grows attached to people, knows that it's hard for her to lose anyone. But she also knows that this is something she's right about.

Sooner or later, Hotaru would be gone with the wind... again. And being Warden of another region altogether? If tensions grew, which Aurelia believes they will, Torchline's government would have to put themselves first and foremost. Even, potentially, at the detriment of those they considered their friends.

It's a truth Aurelia has a hard time accepting as well, which is why she is relieved to know that she can count on Maeve. "We have each other now," she says with that same gentle firmness, "no matter what happens."
looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue
with the warning to help me see myself clearer

Messages In This Thread
under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 03:40 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 11:26 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-21-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-21-2021, 07:18 PM