Training aim higher now
For Noah <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

She had to strain to hug him, rising up on tip toes so her arms could go around his neck, leaving no room between them as she pressed close. Noah, to his credit, kept things chaste. A single arm wrapped around her waist, barely applying pressure to return her hug she threw at him before he was drawing back, putting distance between them again. The Madame wasn't offended, letting him withdraw from her, smile still bright as a faint flush rose to her cheeks. "Was only able to because I have such a good teacher. Even if he is a little distracting." She drawled, voice dipping into something playful as she tossed him a wink, eyes raking over him blatantly.

Her ogling is interrupted by his suggestion, seaglass gaze snapping up to his, surprised by the fire that suddenly lit his own. She licked her lips, a nervous anticipation bubbling up in her belly before she nodded slowly, eyes training on him as he moved to the target. Noah winked back at her, an almost mischievous glint in his eyes, causing the Madame to draw her bottom lip between her teeth. "Keep your head down, love. I'd hate to hurt you." If she was going to hurt him she'd prefer it to be with nails and teeth and a grip too tight, but she's not even sure she could leave a bruise.

Drawing another arrow from his quiver, Maeve knocked it, repositioning herself the way he showed her before. Hips back, feet planted, core tight. "Alright, I'm ready." She called, bringing the bow up to aim.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Noah wasn't sure what entirely had overcome him to think that holding the target before his body and asking the woman to shoot at it was a good idea, but it seemed like it at the moment. He knew that, though she had the strength to pull back the string and draw his bow, there was not enough power there to send the arrow through the thickness of the target. His own shot barely came to the edge of it. If he ran his fingers over where he knew his arrow to be, he could barely feel the point of the head. So long as she hit the target--or missed entirely--he would be safe.

"Go ahead!" He instructed, crouching some so that only his boots were visible behind the target. He started to walk forward then, moving slow enough that she could still focus on the target, but hopefully quick enough that she had to work hard to do it. Maybe this was too complicated an exercise for someone who has just made their first successful shot, but nothing in life was gained easily. Noah knew that. Halo knew that. It was ingrained in them.

And if you drink the water,
It might just stop the pain
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

There were surely better ideas and ways to do this. Ways that wouldn't end up with Noah potentially hurt thanks to her, but this is what he settled on and he was the teacher. Maeve wasn't going to question his methods when they had worked thus far. The Madame took a breath, drawing the bow back, taking aim as he slowly began to move and releasing. She held for a moment too long, arm starting to shake with the effort before the arrow was loosed, whizzing off towards the moving target. It hit the very edge, only sinking in about an inch or so on the outside of the target, Noah no where near being hurt.

She didn't say anything as she drew another arrow, knocking it, taking up her stance and repeating the process all over again. This one went wide, striking the ground about a foot away from where he was currently , drawing a curse from her lips. Maeve huffed, narrowing her eyes as she tried to center herself, taking a moment to breathe before attempting once more. Her movements were slower this time, more intentional, making sure to apply all the direction he'd provided thus far. Maeve focused on the target, on her breathing, the position of her body as she drew the arrow back. A breath and release. The arrow shot forward, hitting the center circle of the target, sinking in an inch and a half before coming to a stop. "No fucking way." Maeve laughed in disbelief, lowering her weapon as she gawked at the shot she just managed, wishing that Noah had actually seen it for himself.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

The hunter's heart skipped in his chest as the first arrow hit the target with a solid thunk. Just as he suspected, it was not able to come through the thickness of the target. Had it, it surely would have punctured through skin or clothing with the force that the Madame was able to put behind the bow. For this, Noah was thankful at the poundage his bow was rated or -- himself. The hunter continued in his crouching, the sound of the arrow she loosed too far from him echoing in his ears.

Another arrow sunk, this time in a different part of the target. Feeling and hearing the impact made the hunter laugh, his jaw dropping.

"You're doing great! Try to keep up with me!" He called out to her as he began to pick up speed, weaving back and forth before her, but not moving closer or further away from her.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The praise brought a smile to her lips, a warmth spreading through her chest at his encouragement, feeling good about her progress thus far. Maeve drew another arrow, feeling confident in herself, quickly moving through the motions of positioning herself and drawing back the arrow. Of course, this rushing didn't do her any favors. The arrow was released, sailing through the air and disappearing into the bushes behind Noah somewhere over his right shoulder. She winced, jaw feathering with her irritation, tightening her grip on the bow for only a moment. This was a part of it. Noah thought she was doing well and he knew what he was talking about. She just needed to slow down.

With a slow breath, Maeve started again, drawing back the arrow after correcting her form. She tracked the target as he moved more quickly, trailing after it with her eyes, taking a moment before letting the arrow loose. It hit the middle band towards the top with a satisfying sound, bolstering the Madame, giving her the little push she needed to draw again. Another arrow, another breath, another pause. All leading up to releasing the arrow arrow, sending it whizzing through the air to find home in the target close to the second shot, the thud echoing through the air.

"How was that?" The Madame called out, waiting for her critique from her teacher eagerly, hoping to further improve herself.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Sweat covered the hunter at this point. He was working hard, darting this way and that in a fashion to help aid the woman as best as he could. Noah was not here to teach anything half-assed. Surely, after this lesson, the woman would be able to pick up such a weapon and use it with confidence. He heard the first arrow sling by him, cutting the air with a high hissing sound. He smirked, and jutted out to the left of where he had just been, back towards the arrow that missed.

Maeve was able to follow him, though, and Noah felt the second arrow she sent his way sink into the target he was holding. "Yes! Like that!" She was quick to learn, and fast to react to his movements. Although her experience with this weapon would only increase, Noah was pleased with the natural skill she brought to it. Lifting his head slowly, Noah watched for a moment to see if she was going to loose another arrow his way. Confident she was not, he straightened his body and set the target down, leaning against it with both arms. "How do you feel about shooting? Would you like to learn what you can do once you're out of arrows?"

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve lowered her weapon, a sheen of sweat on her brow and chest heaving as she caught her breath, offering him a bright smile when he popped his head above the target. The Madame pushed sweat damp hair back from her face before her hands fell to her hips, letting her arms rest for a moment, letting his clear approval wash over her. Hell, she wasn't half bad at this. In time she'd likely be even better. That was her hope, at least.

A dark brow arched, head cocking to the side as she regarded him, "I feel like I'm getting there. I understand my form and how to follow through now. I think the rest will come with practice." She said in regards to her shooting, already planning to do more of that in the coming weeks. Perfect timing too considering that Caido would soon be overrun by Vampire Gourds come the new season. How's that for luck? "I would like that, yes. Want to know all my options."
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Maeve was a natural, that was true. She had a basic understanding now of how to shoot, and she was only getting better. Time would bolster her. "Well, first thing you'll have to do is have a bow made for you. We have the finest crafters in Halo, smiths who specialize in weapons like this." He stepped forward from the target and reached out for her to hand the bow back to him. "This weapon is older than I am, and has taken down more prey than years I've lived."

He took his bow in his hands before bending down and handing her the one she had been using originally. It would do well, since they wouldn't be shooting anymore. "The better the bow, the more multipurpose it can be." Without hesitation, then, Noah quickly spun and struck his bow out towards her, aiming to strike her with the broad, curved edge of the weapon. "It can be a shield, and a hand-to-hand weapon."

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He mentioned that before. She couldn't just get any old bow. It would take some asking around, but she was sure she could find something without a trip to Halo. However, it wouldn't be the worst thing to visit the snowy region if only to escape the heat of Torchline for a bit. "Right. I think I can manage that." She replied easily, drawing the weapon over her head and holding it out to him to take once more. "A family heirloom? The Madame asked curiously, arching a brow as her head cocked to the side, hoping for bit of an explanation, but he's pushing her bow back into her hands and she has no choice but to take it.

"Multipurpose how?" Instead of providing her with a verbal answer, Noah suddenly swung at her with his own weapon and she yelped, leaping backwards with a quickness that might have been unexpected. She lifted her bow up out of reflex, deflecting his bow with a crack, narrowing her eyes at him with something akin to a growl in her throat. "That was rather rude of you, love. Here I was considering inviting you back for some iced tea and now I'm not so sure." The Madame quipped, giving him a little push back with her bow, hoping to make him step out of her space with it.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Satisfied with her reaction, though it was laced with fire as she shot her words at him, Noah smiled.

"My father's." Noah nodded, stepped back from Maeve. She had defended herself and acted quickly, which is what Noah wanted to see. She had proved that she could think light on her feet, and all of that mattered way more than him teaching her how to shoot the bow correctly. She would learn that, but her instincts were ingrained into her.

"I am glad I stumbled upon you today, Maeve. I hope that I helped in your archery endeavor." His smile continued to widen and brighten as he turned from her to collect the arrows shot. He pulled the ones from the target first, filling his quiver with what he knew was his. He went into the woods then to find the others -- thankfully, he was able to recover all but two. Satisfied still with all that had transpired, he reached his hand out to rest on Maeve's shoulder. "If you ever want to visit Halo, let me know."

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve smiled brightly in return, catching her breath as he approached with the rest of the gathered arrows, slipping them into her quiver. She pushed her hair from her face, head cocking to the side as placed a hand on her shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze. "You did. I really appreciate the help." Maeve took his hand, giving it a little squeeze as she dropped it, eyes running over him one last time. "I'll be sure to write. Travel safe, Noah."

Little did she know where the coming season would take them and just how close they would potentially become.

~FIN <3~