i've turned my fair share of pages
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru

Grief is a funny thing, but it is a burden that is easier to bear when shared. "It's easier to remember him with you," she confesses quietly, though she is not brave enough to face him as she does. Vulnerability comes easy when with him, but it is still not natural for her as a whole. "It seems nobody else understands the gravity of losing your soulmate. But it's...good. Remembering him as more than his last moments." Loyal to the end yes, but his loyalty deserved more than being defined by a singular ultimate sacrifice. The seasons he'd spent at her side while she was too sick to even see him clearly were testament to that.

"It will be nice to be somewhere I can swim again," she sighs dreamily, recalling what he'd said of the Stonesong and further enforced by mention of a boat, pregnant mind easily distracted. "I am one aching foot away from petitioning Frey for hotsprings here." Already planned beforehand maybe, but now a matter of personal urgency if she says so herself. Halo was simply too cold for any other kind of swimming, and Hotaru was one bad day away from killing a man in old-school god sacrifice to get her pregnant body in a pool of water to be weightless for a time.

His intense regard has Hotaru turning to do the same, tracing the fissures of color in his green eyes, kaleidoscopic, the shadow of his lashes painted across the curve of his corneas. The offer is staggering for her even in all its simplicity; the bar really is despairingly low, historically, for Hotaru. "This absolutely counts," Hotaru is quick to disagree, resolute. "You are giving me your time, a place to shape to my greatest desires, your memories and your companionship. That's all I could want." Anything more seems gratuitous, and at risk for being demanding if she were to ask for it. "But I wouldn't say no to - well, this may sound strange but - it's a huge relief, when you're pregnant, to have someone stand behind you and gently hold the weight of the baby from below." She had attempted to fashion her own sling of sorts, but only with mild success. "When I visit, if it would make you feel more useful," as she assumes that's what he's hoping for, "you could do that. I would likely cry with relief." A sentiment eased by the smile that crinkles the corner of her eyes.
will you stay with me tonight?
you could be my cure
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
i've turned my fair share of pages - by Remi - 07-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-12-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-12-2021, 08:30 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-12-2021, 11:39 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-13-2021, 06:53 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-13-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-13-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 08:30 PM