i've turned my fair share of pages
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru

"It's like being offered a perfect fruit when dying of starvation, but knowing it's rotted inside." It does nothing to prevent the desire to take it in hand and sink your teeth into it. In that sense Hotaru doesn't envy him this ability of his. "It's a wonder you leave at all." Would she, in his shoes? Or would she stay forever, surrounded by children who never got to grow up, companions who didn't make it to the other side, family who were lost too soon? It's a miracle they persevere, the two of them, with all they've lost and still stand to lose.

A swift inhale precedes the way her arm loops around his own to pull their hips together, a playful fire to her eyes. "Sold. Tell me when and where, and it's a done deal, I'd never ask for anything again." White teeth flirt between pink lips, girlish and juvenile but perfectly sincere in her excitement at the prospect. "Though I might become a raisin - you'd have to drag me out of it." At least everyone would always know where to find her.

Rocking gently, she swings like a pendulum back against his shoulder in a returned nudge, some hybrid of a hum and chuckle filling her chest. "It doesn't feel any more right to me either," she admits, and despairs that she can't see her toes where they wiggle idly in the water. "It's not the ruling itself that feels strange, nor the land. It's as close to home as I've found here. But maybe that's why it feels wrong? To be so familiar, yet so incomplete." And with Noah on the throne as she believed him to rightfully deserve, and Safrin's demands met, what more remained? The elephant in the room. And therein lies the hard part of the conversation.

"Retaliation is sure to come. I hope we have time for defenses, but with eight seasons to go and so few hands in Halo, I'm not betting on hope alone." Shrugging, Ru idly caresses her belly, gaze distant as her sharp mind works away at a problem it has not let go of since Safrin's demands of Deimos first touched her ears. "The fact of the matter is, if any land were to be held by the Ascended, it would be Halo. With little natural light, and access to it almost solely obtained through The Voice's portal, I'm sure it will swiftly become a pawn in the war - if it hasn't already by us making our move. And that's a worry I must constantly contend with for now." Tilting her head back against the plush head rest, Hotaru's eyes trace the old wood overhead. "And if our attempts are not enough, then you'll find me in the Greatwood I'm sure." Her wry smile is proof enough that it's an ending she is not taking off the table. Aside from the Wilds, no other place was an option if things went south. Eyes softening at the realization that what she's saying might spark some degree of fear in him considering her pregnant state, she tilts to lean into his side a little more. "But if they do come, my priority is getting out. I promise."
will you stay with me tonight?
you could be my cure
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
i've turned my fair share of pages - by Remi - 07-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-12-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-12-2021, 08:30 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-12-2021, 11:39 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 02:35 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-13-2021, 06:53 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-13-2021, 07:32 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Hotaru - 07-13-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: i've turned my fair of pages - by Remi - 07-13-2021, 08:30 PM