tanglewood
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
are you really going to talk about timing in times like these?
Laughing despite the gravity of the moment, Remi removes the hand which was on Maeve's belly, and flexes part of his wing the way one might spread their fingers. Tugging, there is a brief moment of resistance and then a faint tearing sound, as a flight feather, likely the length of Maeve's arm or longer, is pulled from his wing. "There you are. A pristine feather for Safrin to burn as she wishes. Or you can make it into a quill. I believe Sam has done that with a few of mine." This latter sentiment is said with a bit of a shrug. Once upon a time Remi found it strange how many pieces of himself were simply scattered about Caido, but now he had so many more things on his mind than he did in those days, that he scarcely noticed.

With a self-degrading chuckle, Remi exhales a puff of air upwards such that it causes one of his curls to dance away from his forehead. "And yet, all things considered, I have a child on the way with a woman who, before that time, I had only met twice." He's sure that Maeve has heard about this, if only because Aurelia had.
remi
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Dark brows lift towards her hairline as the feather is offered and she huffs out a laugh, shaking her head, ”There really isn’t anything little about you, is there?” She teases, tossing him a wink as she takes the feather, twisting it in her fingers so she might look at it from every angle. Delicately her fingers trail across the silky smooth surface of it, being careful not to separate the strands, a soft smile on her lips. ”Honestly, I’m going to be rather sad if she burns it. It’s pretty.” The Nightshade muses, head cocking to the side thoughtfully as she remains braced against Remi’s chest, simply allowing herself a moment of respite.

There wasn’t anyone else she could do this with. Sunjata had demanded a favor in return for his comfort. Remi was merely content in being the gentle support she needs right now and she’s grateful for it. For him. ”Hotaru told me. Congratulations. She mentioned that there was some… difficulty. Given the circumstances of it all, but that you’re both happy for it.” She glances over at him, jade gaze soft as she searches his features, offering him the same option to open up to her as she did to him if he wishes.
Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Nearly choking on his own breath, the alchemist just shifts uncomfortably unsure how to respond to Maeve's innuendo. He should be a good deal less awkward than he is, considering what he's done (and who), but as with his strength and feats of godliness, Remi's ignorance of how he comes across and what he's actually capable of shines through. "Plenty more where that came from." He offers. 'Just as long as Safrin does not get a taste for it. She cannot kill me I do not think, but I would rather not find out."

Glancing down at her with a look of boyish confusion at the mention of difficulties, Remi assumes she likely means the fact that 1. He's gay 2. He's married, or that 3. It was unintentional. Likely all three. "Ronin is not pleased." He offers, adding in a fourth candidate for why this is so difficult. "But what is done is done, and I think at least Hotaru and I are on the same page about how to go forward." It might be a rather large page, and perhaps they have their eyes on different places thereupon it, but given how chaotic the world currently is, Remi thinks that's good enough.
remi
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Truthfully, she hadn't even been trying to make one. They're just second nature at this point, it seems. As if just realizing what she said, her cheeks flush and her eyes widen for a moment as she bites back a sudden laugh, "Sorry." She huffs softly, clearing her throat as she straightens a touch, "I'd prefer it that way and I'm sure Ronin would too." Things were complicated enough without Safrin deciding to attempt murder on her chosen's husband.

It was all three, but the fourth is added and Maeve nods. Of course Ronin wasn't pleased. That isn't surprising in the least. "There is that, at least. While this likely wasn't what anyone had planned... I hope that this child still brings you joy. You and Ronin are alright, though? I know that he moved to the Greatwood with you." Something she thought to be very good. Strombreak, while lovely, didn't allow room to breathe in her opinion.
Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Mmmm.' Remi hums in agreement. 'We are. Better than we have ever been, in some ways. Even with everything going on." Dark as many of their moments had been as of late, there did seem to be some steadying for the Huntsman and the Lullaby. For now, at least.

"I know you certainly have more experience with this sort of thing than I do—" Remi begins, his eyes falling down to her belly once again. "—but if there is anything I can do, you need only ask. Even if that means finding where Locke has gone and dragging him home." And then, because it's Remi and so of course he's going to say what he does next, adds: "Or if it means making sure he never comes home." A joke, probably. But the former dragoon had always rubbed Remi just slightly the wrong way, and though they had accidental pregnancies in common just now, clearly they were handling things very differently.
remi
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
It was a relief to know that even with the rather significant bumps in the road, they were doing well still. "I'm glad. You deserve to have a bit of time before everything goes to shit." There is a soft smile on her lips now despite the minute flare of envy over what her two friends have. Maeve is happy that this and everything else that's come their way hasn't ended them. It's the kind of love she wishes to have. The one where sex isn't always for breakfast and it's all the moments in between. Even still that conversation sticks in her head.

"Thank you, Remi." Maeve murmurs, taking his hand and giving it a squeeze, uncaring of what he'll find in her emotions now. Her soul has already been bared to him. There isn't much left to see. "I'm going to talk to him. He doesn't even know yet. Once he does... Well, I guess he'll make his choice and I'll just have to be okay with whatever that is." Not right away, but eventually. There isn't much conviction in her voice, though. Despite how she might try to move on from him, there will be a life always connecting them in this world and there isn't anything to be done for it.
Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Grumbling a touch at that—the having to be okay with it part—Remi just presses his teeth together and exhales. It wasn't for him to decide how Maeve handled it, nor for him to intervene unless called upon. That Remi would make different choices were he in her shoes was precisely the lingering issue that he and Ronin were still dealing with.

"Okay." He murmurs, returning the squeeze. Unfurling his wings slightly now that Maeve's tears have dried, Remi reaches for the bow and quiver he'd placed against the bench. "As promised." With a small and almost nervous smile, the alchemist hands over the bow first for Maeve to inspect. It's precisely as she'd quite literally dreamt up. The arrows though, were made from the flexible but strong wood from a Wicker Woman, with fletching made of raven feathers, as well as some of his own made black with ash and soot.
remi
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
The acceptance from the Lullaby is hesitant at best, but he bites his tongue. Likely for her own wellbeing. Even if it's not on her mind, Maeve is grateful to know that Remi would be willing to go to such lengths for her. She adores him all the more for it.

It's one thing to see something in a dream, but another entirely to have it in her hands. She gasps, eyes going wide as a bright smile blooms across her face and if she had the ability to dazzle like Ronin, the Nightshade would certainly be doing it now. With a reverence, Maeve runs her hands along the smooth wood, thumb brushing across the floral carvings that decorate the wood. "It's beautiful." And she could cry all over again for how much she loves it. The arrows are just as lovely in their own right. Delicately she brushes a thumb over the feathers, spotting his easily and her joy only grows, "I don't think I'm ever going to stop owing you. Thank you so much, Remi."
Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The work is intricate and intentional. Every flourish, every mark in the wood, was placed there beneath an intense green gaze and with steady fingers. There are few times that Remi seems more at home in himself than when he is able to create. "You do not owe me a thing. I have missed being tasked with such things." He admits, running a hand through his curls, back to front.

"In..the bottom is a small vial. It contains enough of my poison for one or two arrows." He says in a low voice. "It will likely lose its potency over time, but for now at least, it should certainly cause paralysis." Whatever Maeve feared, sometimes sending an attacker running was not always one's goal. That it could be poured into a drink or violently shoved into one's mouth was something he'd leave up to her to glean.

Swaying the conversation to talk of baby names and laughing at the absurdity of the 8-month timetable everyone had been given, Remi sits with the queen until duty inevitably calls her away. The alchemist doesn't linger in this place dedicated to Safrin of course, but instead wanders toward the beach to take in the sunset.

~FIN
remi