Not for His Sake
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
The sudden voice startled the young midwife.

She looked up, first looking at the candle, eyes momentarily entranced by the ball of like dancing on the end of the wick, then up at the goddess before her. So this was the Safrin...her eyes widened, rather overcome by her presence...then briefly her ire towards Bastien rekindled. Beautiful? That was the best he could come up with to describe her? First of all, she wasn't just beautiful she was the definition of ethereal. Her presence exuded confidence. Her eyes showed the knowledge she carried. Her voice lilted with the gentleness she could bestow...and beautiful was the best he could do? This goddess exuded qualities Phoebe yearned for in herself yet knew were likely beyond her reach as a mortal woman...or even in mortal woman terms. She had thought Bastien ignorant before, but now it was a solidified fact in her mind. Only divine intervention would shake it.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend." she said quickly but sincerely, chastizing herself internally for already making a mistake. "I don't think any could mistake you for another deity...I just did not know what else to do. I tried to find out what you might prefer...but my source was unreliable." Though she immediately felt stupid for saying so. Safrin already seemed to know - of course she did ahe was a goddess - of her interactions with Bastien. She had seen what happened in the street...had she also seen her tell him off again when he tried to pin this all on Safrin too? Had her fire offended the goddess? "I hope my words and behavior did not offend you...I failed to remain cordial and perhaps overstepped my bounds." She certainly had been very rude to Bastien...semi-in her name now that she thought about it. Phoebe knew her tongue could get sharp when she was reminded of those who tormented her past patients.

But then she wondered...Safrin might find her defense of her very superfluous. She was a goddess after all she could just smite him. What did she need a little common girl yelling at him for?

Phoebe bit her lip, considering what Safrin said. "I understand you not accepting an apology on behalf of Bastien...nor am I giving one." Oh no. That idiot dug his own grave on this one and she did not intend to assuage any consequences he might face for it. "I came to apologize that you had been treated that way at all, and hope you will still look kindly on those who followed him in ill-begot worship." Remi. Rexannna. People who had been won over with smooth, confident words and a handsome smile. She worried for them, that the anger this goddess clearly felt for Bastien would spill over to her friends.

"I...probably sound very silly. I'm sorry." she said quietly. "But someone needed to give you the apology you deserve for his behavior." And Phoebe thought she was the only one who knew of his offense.

Messages In This Thread
Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-11-2019, 10:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-11-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 07:20 PM