Not for His Sake
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
She did not expect offerings? That surprised her. It seemed to make sense that someone so powerful would want something tangible for their time. It seemed Safrin - while obviously capable of ire based on how she spoke Bastien's name - was far more patient and kind than she had given her credit for. Her lips pressed together and she nodded. Yes it had been Bastien, who had nothing useful to say.

The more Safrin spoke, the more at ease Phoebe became. At ease in a way she had not felt in a very long time. It was almost like she was speaking to her mother or eldest sister. Her words were encouraging, encouragement and approval she yearned for and had little place to go to get here. It soothed a pain in her heart she buried beneath layers of worry and work. For a second she grew emotional, swallowing a lump in her throat and blinking away the mist in her eyes. Maybe she wasn't doing so poorly after all. Maybe she was doing okay.

But she managed to shove the emotion back down, pulling on every little bit of training she had to keep it together in tough situations. It did help that, as Safrin anticipated, her words made her want to apologize. She even got her lips parted to do so, closing them quickly when the goddess held up a hand.

She did know so little didn't she? She glanced down for a moment. "Certainly you think me a little foolish for doing so?" she asked quietly, looking up at her. Phoebe wanted to know more, she wanted to understand, but frankly she was a bit scared. Frey had been a much more jarring introduction to the reality of deities...and for the first time she considered if she failed their task. Phoebe frowned, brow furrowing in thought. "I...don't know a lot as you say...but I am not certain that would have counted...because I didn't want Bastien...though you would know more than me on the subject. " Frey had made clear that want was very important...But Safrin definitelywould know Frey better than her. "And...well when I did bat my lashes at Bastien just to goad him he wasn't impressed anyways." she mumbled, embarrassed.  The sex-maniac, self-professed seeker of whatever sat still long enough wasn't interested in her. It was a hit to her shakey at best self-esteem. She was just stupid little girl. Briefly she wondered if Emmett would come to the same conclusion.

Phoebe looked back up with a little smile though. "Even not knowing you, I could not fathom you deserving of his selfish affections. And now having met you, I am certain. I appreciate your kindness and grace, Safrin."

Messages In This Thread
Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-11-2019, 10:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-11-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 07:20 PM