Not for His Sake
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
Phoebe listened, storing away all Safrin said to pull on later. Vi struck a chord with her. She was a midwife, she stewarded new life into the world. The work of the creator of life sat comfortably on her soul. But…was there not also an aspect of Mort in her work as well? Her efforts were to keep death away from the doorstep, but sometimes things were unavoidable…and then in those moments she was the bearer of bad news – telling a mother of a stillborn, telling a husband he was widowed – her brow furrowed as she mulled on this briefly. Should Rae be striking a stronger chord then, since she worked the delicate line between life and death?

But another thought was quick to follow. Safrin said Frey lost their connection to Rae, and she spoke of Vi with a deep fondness. Somehow they were connected, and yet the bonds severed…Emmett’s words that he had never seen Vi bubbled up. It seemed preposterous, if his family was praying why would they not see Vi? She had managed to call upon a deity on accident after all; if their methods were purposeful, he should have at least once appeared in all logic.

Unless the barrier that kept them all in here had also severed the connections between those outside and those inside as well. Suddenly pieces began to fall into place.

The growl pulled her from her musings and Phoebe was focused on Safrin once again. She frowned slightly at her description of the Voice and nodded solemnly. If she knew there was a danger, she would be on guard. She might not know much but one did not survive finishing school without learning to navigate around two-faced women; and it seemed a fitting description of the Voice based on what Safrin said. Her head tilted a little at her offer, trying to comprehend what she meant. ”While I am an accepted?” If word games were the enemy presented by the Voice, how would being anything else help her? But the offer of protection was…far more than she could imagine and it touched her deeply. ”Thank you, Safrin, I will remember that.”

And she would certainly spread word of her name. This Goddess was helpful (so long as you weren’t a total ass Bastien) and warm and empathetic. Her previous musings itched the back of her mind. ”How can I help?” she asked quietly. ”I’m perhaps not useful, I’m not a fighter, but how can I help set things to right?” she asked, looking up at Safrin, sincerity in her desire to help. It was what she did. She helped people…and something terrible had happened and set things off kilter in Caido – broke connections between deities that needed to be in place, disrupted the natural order of things (No wonder Frey is so extreme if they were meant to be connected to a deity involved in balancing duality she thought briefly). But if there was even a small thing she could do to assist…she would see it done, somehow, someway.

Messages In This Thread
Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-11-2019, 10:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-11-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 07:20 PM