may we be lights in the darkness
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the alchemist
Walk me home in the dead of night,
'Cause I can't be alone with all that's on my mind
Raising his seaglass stare toward Amalia, the alchemist pulls in a breath which he holds for a moment as he considers. "I will not sneak in. I promise Isla I would let her know if I was going to come and go in the Grounds. That is not to say I would not come with you, but I would tell her first." He says in a measured tone.

Glancing toward Seren, not that it was any of his business, the alchemist raises a brow and offers her a skeptical tilt of her head. "After the part Deimos just played in overthrowing Morgan..and not to mention this is a task given by Safrin to what is now in all likelihood a Voice-positive land, I cannot imagine Morgan would welcome Deimos back."
So say you'll stay with me tonight.
'Cause there is so much wrong going on outside
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
didn't think we'd ever make it
My, but Amalia certainly is getting her fingers in all the pies here. Ronin pauses, still chewing on his cookie to listen to the discussions surrounding the Sea of Glass. And when his daughter glances to him, he thinks hard before responding. "I don't think Halo will welcome Deimos," he agrees. "Not after what happened. Remi has also offered to come along, though, if the whole family is thinking of showing up. I was going to head up to the Climb as well, to petition Tanau. He might be able to help us melt that ice."

As for whether they needed to tell Morgan about it? He shrugs gently. "We are on the orders of a goddess, and without Deimos, there is no one present who wouldn't be welcome in the Citadel anyway. Do we need to ask permission?"

The conversation takes a turn then, though, the Huntsman sitting up in his seat and bristling. "No," he says, the words spilling out before he can help it. "I don't like the idea of my husband or daughter going anywhere I can't follow, if they need help."
this close to safety in one piece

RONIN
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren

Seren looked between Remi and her father, with a slight frown building between her eyebrows.
"If that is true, if Halo now is so aligned with the Voice, not one of us will be welcome there," she pointed out in a mild tone. "Demigods of Safrin, Ludo and Vi, not to mention the leader of another region appointed directly by Safrin... What difference can one more rebel possibly make? I never intended to ask for permission to do this mission in the first place. Now I certainly won't." Her fingers kept tapping the mug, a steady silent beat. "Besides, if we leave Deimos behind, we still have the issue of how to breach the ice. He and Aurelia were both asked along for their fire magic, not merely their devotion to Safrin. I still don't think just one of them will be enough. Not when father and my dragon together barely made a dent in the ice.

This was an unexpected wrench thrown into her plans, one that was hardly welcome. Turning her attention more to Ronin when his objections to Amalia's plan - or rather, her own participation in it - was made plain, she raised a brow. The look she gave him was fond, but also questioning. Did he really not think they could take care of themselves?
"I've been to the Grounds before, without anything untowards happening," she said quietly.
I'm ready to start the conquest of spaces
Reaching the starlight and silver fields
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"I think there are varying degrees of welcome. And if that is the case, Deimos certainly ranks far below the three of us." He offers with a shrug. As for breaching the ice? "As a kraken I am...quite large. And heavy. But I think if we can get Tanau on side, then fire will not be an issue."

Raising a brow at Seren's boldness in not caring to mention her plans to Morgan, the alchemist sits back and folds his arms across his chest as he gently nudges Ronin's foot under the table to offer some small modicum of support. There seemed to him to be more going on here than was immediately evident, and so he falls silent. Not unlike Seren, Remi was in the habit of simply doing what he wanted most of the time, whether or not it was a good idea. Unlike Seren, both he and his allies were much stronger than hers.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
didn't think we'd ever make it
Ronin opens his mouth to respond but Remi beats him to it, and he offers his husband a small smile in response to the nudge beneath the table. "I don't think the Citadel has said that it's for the Voice," he murmurs. "At least, that isn't anything that has circulated around just yet. I just... think it probably won't welcome Deimos with open arms, given how he was chased out of the place so recently."

The Sea of Glass is nothing compared to the Grounds, though, and Ronin's expression grows more than a shade darker. "If I cross the border into the Hollowed Grounds now, I will die," he says simply. "Or as close to it as I can get. All Order members are subject to the same treatment, if they walk over the boundary." And in the middle of Leafchange, he's not keen to have his family somewhere he can't follow, even if they'll be fine. So sue him.
this close to safety in one piece

RONIN
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Mildew
Woo hoo, witchy woman
See how high she flies
Ronin's comment about her reading her fortunes earned him a raised eyebrow and amused smile, but Mildew said nothing, content to listen in on the conversation. After all, she had been until now removed from all of this, happy in her swamp away from the Ascended and the war; she barely knew what was referred to as the 'Hollowed Grounds' - but she did know it was where the Ascended gathered.

She tilted her head curiously as Ronin insisted he would die upon entry. "Assuming, since I am not in the Order, I would be safe, I'm willing to undertake anything you all need me to do. Talk to people, find things out - I've had a lot of experience, and darlings, it sounds like there's a lot to do." Popping some other treat into her mouth Mildew nodded to herself.

She got the moon in her eye
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren

A stubborn cast was coming over Seren's chin as the voices against Deimos participation kept rising.
"He would not have to come within eyesight of the Citadel," she objected. "I can bring him directly to the Sea of Glass, and out of Halo again afterwards if necessary. If Tanau can be persuaded to lend aid, of course that would be lovely, but can you guarantee that he will? I don't understand - since when do either of you care what Morgan thinks or wants? All the more if she really has allied herself with the Voice, which as you say has not been made public. What do you think will happen?"

Pressing her lips together at the comment of dying, it seemed to imply that they were bound to need rescuing. Protectiveness was fine, but Seren did not appreciate being told that she couldn't go somewhere. Sparks of growing temper glittered in her gaze, and with a sharp jerk of her head that brought night alive in her hair, she turned to Amalia. Mutely demanding her opinion, even as Mildew spoke up.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe

Phoebe's excitement turned to disappointment as Mildew not only did not respond to her, but flat out ignored her. She knew that compared to Ronin and Remi she was hardly exciting but...sharing the same parent diety had to mean something, right? Trying not to let the little ball of resentment and rejection building in her core show on her face, she looked away from the other Frey demigod and focused on Amalia.

"I'm creating a garden that grows babies using the DNA of any two people, regardless sex and without the need for intimacy. If this war is as catastrophic as the last one, this will help avoid the need for forced procreation to repopulate." she explained, smiling a little bit. It was a big, complex task, but thankfully she had helpers. "Remi and Ronin are helping me collect the necessary materials already."

But a more heated conversation was taking place regarding the Hollowed Grounds, and her honeyed gaze turned to observe. "Why not send Delphia?" she piped up. The Nightingale didn't know the daughter of Mort, but she knew of her and her abilities through various tales. "She can walk through the spirit plane, right? Hard to kill that which is already dead. Why not send her to the library?"

Of course, Phoebe didn't know that Delphia had gone missing, but it seemed as good a solution as any to volun-tell their missing "family" member to take on the task.
don't distract her
she's evolving
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the archangel
Unexpected and unpleasant, the sudden resistance to traveling with her to the Grounds. First there is Remi's promise to the newly-minted Ascended Queen, then Ronin's stark refusal to allow Seren to go without him, causing Amalia to frown. Looking between Ronin and Seren, the Angel attempts to interject. "I can fly us there without anyone knowing," she points out, "And Seren will leave at the first sign of trouble." This is directed more to the starchild, firmness in Amalia's voice.

To Mildew she nods. "Anything you can hear in the Wilds would be helpful. Maybe Frey would know more...?" is addressed to both Phoebe and Mildew.

But things are growing tense in the Taliesin troupe, and the whole who will go to Halo discussion is setting Amalia on edge. Not a fan of Morgan to begin with, Amalia is more inclined to fall on Ronin's side of things. But... "I can carry fire magic in my shield and stone," she points out, "But I agree with petitioning Tanau. Though if we don't plan to tell Morgan, both a seasonal god and a kraken may take away any subtlety..."

Rubbing at her temples, Amalia sighs. She had hoped this would be... easy? Pleasant? That they would join her in a crusade, not squabble amongst themselves. "Okay. Two trips, one to the Sea of Glass, one to the Underground. We should do both before LongNight. Seren, what do you want to do for your venture? I'll support what you decide." She looks at the young woman, trying very hard to convey you got this over the overbearing auras of her fathers. "Phoebe, Mildew- can you ask Frey what they know? And look to the Wilds for signs of the relics?" The two demigoddesses are far more attuned to the natural world than anyone else. If there are secrets hidden among the Wilds, she believes they are sure to learn them.

"I will go to the Library as soon as possible. Anyone who wishes to join, let me know. I'll ask Safrin for advice- unless you want to," she adds to Ronin and Seren deferentially. "I think... I will ask Deimos to come. He's been there before." This is said more quietly, her eyes falling to the table as anxiety rises in her chest. Her fingers are clutching at her thighs beneath the table, but above it? She tries to keep her face composed, her expression focused.

Oh, how she tries.
she's just like the weather
can't hold her together
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe

Phoebe, usually bright and sunny, began to frown as Amalia interjected. Frustration bloomed into irritation as honeyed eyes found a speck on the floor to glare at. She had come to this meeting excited! Motivated to collaborate in the name of doing the work of the gods, to preserve what they had in the face of destruction. But it seemed her hopes had been far too high. It seemed Ronin had been incorrect in regards to his sentiments: she was indeed insignificant compared to her peers, not just in power but in recognition.

"Well, that all sounds terribly complicated. I wish you the very best of luck with it." Phoebe said in a light, peppy tone as she stood and gathered her bag. "But since my input has been entirely negligible, I am only to assume my presence is as well. And while I would just love to sit here and listen to you all argue, I've other things to do and people to fuck in the name of Frey." she said primly, smiling at each individual gathered.

Then the demigoddess turned her heel and walked out.

{EXIT Phoebe}
don't distract her
she's evolving
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

Phoebe's departure surprised Seren. She had been so wrapped up in her battle against her own family that she didn't realize another was also waging war  - and much the same one, too. For recognition, and respect. Carefully setting the mug aside, she placed her hands on the table and stood, palms flat against the wood. A glance shared with Amalia did bolster her, the support silent and much appreciated.

"I was under the impression that this task was given to me," she said, looking straight at Ronin, and then Remi. "While I appreciate your eagerness to help, you are both being incredibly disrespectful. Not only do you ignore my opinion, you are excluding a party member I have already invited without consulting me, inviting another, not to mention making changes to what should be done - also without consulting me." She leveled her gaze at Ronin, expression flat with disappointment. "You keep saying that you believe in me. But now that I try to act, you treat me like a child that needs a babysitter and can't be trusted to make informed choices. Make up your damn mind, please. And stop walking all over me like I'm not even here, if you ever want me to ask you along on anything again."

Gritting her teeth as she bit back the flaring temper, Seren straightened up. "You seem to be extremely prejudiced against Deimos participation. Very well; if Tanau agrees to lend aid, I will accept your judgement. But only after you have a definite bargain to show as a replacement. Amalia, you know your strengths best; prepare as you see fit. I will come with you to the Grounds," she fixed her father with a steely glare here, "and if anything happens I will return here right away."

Something for something - she hated it, but if they wouldn't listen to her, Seren didn't see why she had to obey either.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
I swear I never dream that we're alone
Ronin will regret what he does next. It's not a question - it's a fact. And yet, with all the worst parts of his Attuned shift rearing their head (er, antlers) at this time of year, he does it anyway.

With a single hand he grips the edge of the table as he rises to his feet, flipping it as if it weren't made to seat a dozen people and hold a great deal more weight than is currently upon it. Nevertheless, the Huntsman sends it crashing onto its side as if it were nothing more than a paper plate.

"I suggest you get yourself to the Climb, then, to speak with Tanau," he growls to his daughter without looking at her, stepping over the debris and storming out of the meeting with neither an apology nor a glance backwards over his shoulder.

Ronin out.
the dark star
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Well it's all going to shit now, isn't it?

"You're being a brat, Seren." Remi says in a conversational tone even as the girl levels a stare at him. "Respect is earned, not demanded. It isn't as though everyone in attendance has more experience here than you do." He adds, heaving a sigh and wondering why he'd bothered to come to this meeting at all.

'You want to go off on your own and prove you know best? So be it." Remi says with a shrug, not needing to trek into the freezing wasteland that was Halo only to be bossed around by a child. Maybe Seren's actions would even kick off the war, and then at least Remi wouldn't have to worry about starting it himself.

As Ronin heaves the table out of the way, that's as much of an excuse as Remi needs to depart as well. With a look of both apology and what did you expect? offered toward Amalia, the alchemist follows his husband out.

~Remi out
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

Shocked and shaken by the violent display, Seren staggered back from the table as it was overturned. She stared mutely after the backs of the men as they left, only finding her tongue again when it was too late.

Chewing on her retorts, with an ache that tasted of tears and anger and regret bubbling within her gut, Seren slowly glanced between Amalia and Mildew. The flush of growing humiliation made it difficult to meet their gaze - rather abruptly the girl turned away. Went instead to right the table, a task made easy given her gravity altering gifts.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly to the room at large. "But they were being unfair. I had to say something."

Right?