take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Her whole body heaves, making her hunch forward, hands bracing against damp earth as she coughs. A light sheen of sweat clings to her temples, making the wisps of hair there stick to her skin despite the cool weather, acid burning her throat even as she spits to try and clear it from her mouth. It doesn't even register at first that he's there. That he's rubbing her back and murmuring soft words to her, soothing her automatically as if he's just made to do it, making it hurt all the worse that he left in the first place. Finally she stops heaving, wiping shakily at her mouth with the back of her hand before she's sitting back on her heels, chest heaving as she struggles to catch her breath.

She's scared to look at him. The moment their eyes connect she knows she'll break if the tell tale sting of tears is anything to go by, but she can't resist the urge. The ache in her chest that had gone numb flaring to life so brightly it wrenches her heart. Maeve finally gives in, jade eyes meeting golden green, breath catching in her throat even as she tries to swallow past the lump it forms there. "I- I didn't know you were going to be here. If I'd known I-" 'I wouldn't have come.' He left for a reason. He hopped on a boat and disappeared for a reason. To avoid her. Yet here she was. Real and breathing and trying not to throw herself at him.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-15-2021, 09:40 PM