take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The truth of it is that Maeve would have been queen even if he stayed. Safrin would have still appointed her. Nothing would have changed. He would have been here when she found out about the baby, when she was made queen, when they built the court. He would have been here for all of it and she would have been better because of that. Instead, he left and she's been doing it alone.

It's fucked how satisfied she feels knowing that he isn't actually okay. That he's not doing better without her. She hates herself for feeling that way, but she never pretended to be anything but other than selfish when it came to him. Maeve licks her lips, brows knitting together at his poor attempt at a joke that makes her lips twitch despite the pit in her stomach, "What a shock. You have the look down." She says softly, her own joke that surely would have been better any other time, but it just feels flat.

A flush rises to her cheeks at his suggestion and she takes his hand without a second thought, grimacing slightly, "You heard about that, huh?" Of course he had. Everyone knew at this point. Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, shivering as the warmth of his hand envelopes hers, fingers cool in comparison. As she gets to her feet, her dress falls back into place, fabric resting against the gentle swell of her belly and despite the fact that she's not incredibly far alone it's obvious that this isn't lingering from a heavy meal.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-15-2021, 11:04 PM