take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It's easy to see the way his mind races and she's struggling to get anything from him. The nerves, the panic, all of that makes sense. She felt that too when she found out. That's not what she's concerned about, though. Maeve wants to know how he feels beyond that. Is he happy? Does he want it? Want her? Will he be here with her when she has them? That's what she wants to know and he gives her nothing but a softly asked question.

"Phoebe checked me out. She says the baby is perfectly healthy, growing well, and that there doesn't seem to be any issues. We're both healthy despite the stress." That alone was a blessing. There could have been so many complications already, but there were none. Their baby was healthy. She was healthy. It's the most they can ask for right now.

Maeve watches the way his chest heaves, breaths coming too fast, eyes blown a little too wide and she wants to reach out and soothe him, but she thinks that might not be allowed. Especially not after she tells him that he doesn't have to stay. That he doesn't have to be saddled with her if he doesn't want it. His eyes shift in the span of a breath, sparking with anger at her words, the predator in him lashing out.

"No, that's not it. I- I just didn't want you to think you had to." She didn't want him to feel obligated. If he was involved, she wanted it to be because he wanted her. Wanted them. Not because of some moral obligation that he felt the need to abide by.

His words are so soft she almost misses them. A shaky breath pushes past her lips, brows pinching together as she looks at him in disbelief. If he wants her then why did he leave? Why does it matter if other people need her more? Didn't he realize that she needs him? It isn't until he mentions Sunjata that she scoffs, shaking her head as a laugh that holds nothing but bitterness slips past her lips.

"You think Sunjata needs me? Sunjata doesn't fucking need me. He's moving off to live in the Wilds with Nate. I told him about the baby and he was merely relieved that it wasn't fucking his because I would have been another burden for him to bear. I asked for a friend and comfort and he asked for a favor in return. So no, Sunjata doesn't need me. He doesn't want me." Maeve runs a shaky hand through her hair, closing her eyes for a moment as her jaw feathers, trying to keep her breathing steady. "And even if he did need me, I picked you." Not that this is about that, but she feels the need to remind him, wanting him to realize that Sunjata wasn't anywhere on the list of people who needed her. "Hotaru cut things off because of my connection with Aurelia. Besides that, she has Remi now. She doesn't need me either. Torchline and the baby? Yeah, I'll give you those. They need me, but outside of that?"

The tears finally slip down her cheeks now, a mixture of hurt and frustration as she takes a sudden step forward, close to crowding his space as one of her hands curls over her belly. "No you won't... Have you ever stopped to consider what I need, Locke? That maybe I need you more than those other people need me? What about my support system? What about my family? Don't I get to have one of those? Why can't I have that with you? Why do you keep running away from me?" All hard questions, but she voices them anyway, words trembling and breathy as she holds in barely contained sobs. Her voice threatening to break over each word as her breath hitches in her throat, "We need you."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-16-2021, 02:42 AM