take this sinking boat and point it home
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

It's like his touch opens the floodgates and suddenly she's in his space. It's all too much at once. The baby, her, the fact that she knows what happened, the fact that she understands. It takes every ounce of his willpower to stay there, to not move a muscle. He just kind of stands there, one hand against the side of her face until she lets his wrist go. It does comfort him, a little, to know she isn't working like that anymore. But of course she's not. She's pregnant. Would she start again when the baby is born? Does he want his baby to be raised in that kind of environment. He knows the Halenani is different but...

He finally takes a shaky breath, as if alive again. "I need to think.. Maeve. I can't.." Even as he says it, he leans down just a little, his cheek resting on top of her head. "I need time." Time he doesn't really have but that he's going to fight for anyway. It's too much all at once and he can't process it and he wants to. "We can talk again, properly, when the Ark gets back to Torchline, if you want to still. I'll have it figured out by then." He hopes at least. Because he wants her so desperately but fuck, can't she see how badly this is going to go? What kind of queen involves herself with a man like him?

Locke holds up the little doll he was making, opening his hand to show it to her. It's probably a girl, brown hair and the closest thing to hazel for eyes. Scruffily made as all the things he makes are. "Can.. You help me with this? I can't get the eyes right." Ever since the fire, he can't do finer detailed things. It's fine for a stew or a pie but not sewing. "I.. Please." He almost mentions that he still has the blanket she made him, all those moons ago, when he thought training was the worst part of his day. When she was just his friend he had a crush on. When things were easy.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Locke - 07-16-2021, 09:23 PM