take this sinking boat and point it home
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

These are the moments that make him love her, this side of her he sees that no one else does. Or he hopes no one else does. Softly spoken words laced with fire. The dragon beneath the silk and all of that. He watches as she sews the dress onto the doll, taking in the way her hands move the needle and thread. "You're right. We will be better. Plus, neither of us were a little prince or princess." Not that Maeve seems to take being queen quite that seriously. Not that he would know. He only found out today. And the mark to be a better parent is pretty low. Be that good or bad.

His fingers drum against the table for a moment before his hand sneaks across to take the doll from her. "Her name was Alexandria. Named after some Outlander story my mom liked. A queen of great knowledge and power. She preferred Alex though and she liked real adventures over stories of them." He holds the little doll up, "So much so she wanted to be a pirate, just like Dad. Sail the seas! Find treasure! Blow up ghost whales! The whole thing." He makes the little doll act as he says it, moving it's little arms around.

"But she never came back. She might not even be dead for all I know. But that almost hurts worse.. Knowing she might be out there, alive, adventuring." Not thinking about him. It's part of why he had been so hesitant to leave Torchline. The fear of finding her moved on from him. "She'd call me a liar if I told her the Queen of Torchline, The Nightshade, was having my kid." He gives her the closest thing to a smile he's managed all night and it's not much of one.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Locke - 07-16-2021, 11:51 PM