take this sinking boat and point it home
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He's not sure what she says except she says 'prince' and he's suddenly curious. Does she know? Or is she just saying that? He wants to press but he lets it drop for now. Maybe the word means both in the language she's speaking. Her hand finds his arm, squeezing lightly and he bites his lip for a second. It's the first time she's touched him unprompted. "She was. Full of trouble really. She's how I got this scar. Broke my nose when we were twelve or so?" He points to his nose scar. Maeve's warmth is gone all too quickly and he wants to grab her hand but he doesn't, listening to what she says and trying to distract himself from the urge to seek her touch out again.

"I understand. Always wonder how many kids my dad left behind. Couldn't have been his only one." Although it probably would've been for the best. The world doesn't need more of that really. He sets the doll down, finally done with it. Or done with it enough for now.

"Yeah? I thought you'd be soaking it up. Pretty cool though. The Nightshade. You'll have to tell me about it soon. How it happened. And Aurelia? Right?" His head tilts as she comments about wanting a son. So she doesn't know. She's just being hopeful? Honestly he's not sure what he would prefer. A healthy baby? "Why's that?" Before he can really question her further, she's grabbing his hand and pressing it against her belly.

It's warm and firm and he leans into the touch almost instinctively. Her command leaves him speechless and he simply flounders for a second, suddenly forgetting how words do. "Uh. Hey. Baby. How're you doin' in there?" The response is a tiny kick and whatever Locke was feeling before is gone in a moment. His face lights up and he grins at her, "He's kicking!"

Of course his kid would be squirmy and alive while they're trying to get ready for a festival of the dead.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Locke - 07-17-2021, 12:27 AM