take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He draws his hand away and she feels like she's been slapped. Maeve presses her lips into a thin line, looking away from him as she tries to school her emotions, heart clenching in her chest. A shaky breath pushes past her lips as she attempts to center herself, unwilling to cry in front of him again, hating that this is the place they've ended up again. She said she would give him time, but what time was there? A war was coming in two years. Their baby would be here before that. There was so little time to prepare. They were already running out of it.

"She'd talk to you." Maeve says softly, lifting her shoulders in a shrug, going for nonchalance. Whether Seren would be nice about it was another story. The starchild wasn't overly thrilled with how things had gone between Maeve and Locke. The Nightshade wasn't thrilled either. Yet here they were. Nothing to be done for it now. Seren promised to be there to support her and she had no doubt that her friend would do just that. How she would handle Locke was something else entirely and Maeve didn't have an answer for him. "She's getting stronger. Done a lot of work for her mother." She continues to smooth her hand over her belly, trying to take comfort in the fluttering kicks she feels against her palm, but it's hard when her world feels like it's crumpling all over again.

Maeve draws in another breath, bottom lip catching between her teeth, gaze distant as she stares off ahead of her. "The girls will help. Ray, too. She's on our council. A healer. I imagine they'll be with me majority of the time." A newborn needed their mother and just because she was queen didn't change that fact. Her baby would have whatever they needed, whenever they needed and that was that. The next question isn't unexpected and it is something she's thought about. "Remi has offered protection in the Greatwood if it's needed. If I need to appeal to Safrin to keep them safe, then I will do that. Even if that means letting her take them to the stars. I'll do whatever I need to." It's said with a soft ferocity and she means it. She will do whatever it takes to keep her baby safe.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-20-2021, 09:18 PM