Training All i know is this
Amalia!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
SEREN
For every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
In every lost soul, the bones of a miracle
Seren's wolves were fragile when it came to withstanding blows. The first one, smacked by a wing, dissolved into shimmering stardust and was gone. The second one was pushed back, and landed on its feet in a silent snarl.

By that time, Seren was almost upon Amalia, but before she could launch herself forward the woman summoned a shield. The sight of it made the young woman hesitate, wary of touching it with her bare hands. Who knew what such a thing might do? Nothing, everything - she did not have a weapon to try against it either, to her great chagrin.

So she changed tactics. Recalling the summoned critter, she let the wolf disappear, and quickly summoned something else instead. Birds, this time. Five of them, beautiful gleaming starlings made of stardust and light. They chirped and darted back and forth, aimless for a moment until Seren directed them towards Amalia. They would swoop in towards her face and head, to attempt circumventing the solid protection of the shield in favor of breaking her stance.

When Seren thought she saw an opening, she sprung forth again, reaching once more with an extended hand in an attempt at tagging Amalia's shoulder. It was proving far more difficult than she had anticipated... and the respect she felt for this slender, wan looking woman only grew.
In every dreamer a dream - we're unstoppable
with something to believe in
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
'Cause she's just like the weather
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water
Daughter of the r a i n and s n o w
The wolves are stopped and the young demigoddess similarly halted in her tracks, though if her tenacity is anything to go by it will be a short respite. Truth be told Amalia is impressed with the child, if amused; a smile pulls at her face as her breathing grows heavier, the strain of throwing around so much magic foreign and unfamiliar.

"Beautiful," the Angel murmurs as stars coalesce into a small flock of birds that circle menacingly overhead. Her dark eyes track them, fascinated and amazed- until they begin to descend and harry her, of course. The hard light shield is raised protectively over her head, leaving her exposed to Seren's approaching hand as she defends against the birds.

Which is what she wanted, after all.

As soon as Seren reaches for her shoulder Amalia turns toward the star child, a fierce grin accompanied by sharp canines on her angular face. With feline speed she raises her own hand to grab Seren's; then, twisting, she attempts to wrap the girl's arm around and back, to throw her down and lock her limb behind her as she lies upon the floor.

Whether or not Amalia succeeds is another question entirely, but regardless as she makes her attack she accompanies it with invisible armor for the demigoddess: she doesn't want to hurt her, simply pin her down.
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
SEREN
It was a clever trap, and Seren fell for it, hook line and sinker. No sooner had the strong hand seized hold of her wrist than she found herself thrown head over heels for a second time, to smack into the docks with a soft thud. Strangely, the impact didn't rattle her as much as she would have expected - some doing of Amalia's, perhaps? - but the sound defeat stung and prickled her pride just enough that it took her some moments of furious thinking before she finally tapped out.

"You win," she grumbled. The competitive streak in her wanted to ask for another try, but... the more sensible part of Seren admitted that the outcome likely would not change. "You... are good. And a lot stronger than you look. Are you about as strong as my dad?"

Rolling up onto her feet, Seren found herself greeted by Umbra, who came to nudge himself in against her legs. So full of sympathy and support, so carefully attempting to conceal a smug streak of 'told you so' that seemed to imply that if she'd only not interrupted his fun times, she would not have lost.

Dragons.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water
Amalia doesn't gloat in her victory; as soon as Seren voices surrender the blonde lets go and steps back, hands raised, giving the young woman space to find her feet. The action over, Jyoti croons merrily, swimming back into orbit around the pair and going to investigate both demigoddess in turn while Amalia catches her breath. She leans forward, stretching down, her hands upon her knees. "I've had more practice," the Angel deflects with a wry grin that turns into a laugh, the girl shaking her head. "And no - Ronin is definitely stronger than me. A lot more experienced, too." Far be it for Amalia to compare herself to the Captain-turned-Dragon.

Straightening up, Amalia steps forward, offering a hand to help Seren stand. "Like I said, I'm not a fighter. I only know what I do because I'm tired of watching people I love get hurt." Watching them die, she doesn't say, but it's written in the way her face twists and falls, in the path her eyes take back towards the sea. "The hardest thing about being a Shield isn't protecting people. It's knowing that no matter how strong you are, how hard you try, there will still be times when you fail. People will be hurt. You will hurt people. You will fail and try and fail again, but you will always stand back up, because no matter how much pain you endure, if you can save even one life it's worth it all."
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
SEREN
"Thank you." Accepting the offered hand, Seren got up and dusted off her clothes. It was rather daunting to realize that this woman who had her so soundly beat didn't think herself even near Ronin's skill. That said much about how far Seren had to go - but it was also a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe if she trained enough, she might at least reach her father's feet one day.

Amalia's words were considered with a thoughtful frown. Much of what she said reminded Seren of something Safrin had told her, though the punchline seemed somewhat different.
"Mother told me not so very long ago that I could never save anyone. Not really. She said that I can help them... but in the end death is part of what it means to be alive. I suppose it's the part where we try despite knowing that it is never forever that matters. Right? And maybe that is what makes us both fighters, rather than warriors." They who did not seek out battle, but would fight all the same if it was brought to them.

"You know my mother, right? But you are Vi's demigod. Do you mind if I ask... why? Did you not get along with Safrin?" It was curiosity that brought her to ask, mostly. Certainly not judgement or criticism; Seren's sky-blue eyes remained bright and open, almost eager to know what made this woman reach for the sun, rather than the stars.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water
She listens to Seren's recount of Safrin's advice, softening a little at the words. Not that they particularly make her feel better, but... "She's said similar things to me," Amalia admits dryly, reaching up to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear. "But I keep trying. I think it's part of what makes us humans, rather than gods."

The next question catches Amalia off-guard. Turning back to Seren with a pensive frown between her brows, the not-Shield blinks and laughs in surprise, shaking her head aggressively. "No- Gods, no. I love Safrin with all my heart - she gave me my first shift. Showed me the face of Vi. Helped me find a path when I was lost in the dark. Without her, I wouldn't be any of what I am." As always when speaking of her goddess, the adoration in Amalia's face and voice is unquestionable, highlighted by the small starlike flowers that grow within her hair.

Jyoti croons and Amalia looks over at her soulmate, a wistful smile now on her lips. "But Safrin had Ronin, and besides, I... ever since I can remember, my soul belonged to Vi." It's a simple statement, accompanied by a simple shrug. She is Vi's, plain and simple. Always has been. Always will.

Once again she looks at Seren, tilting her head. "Have you met any of the other Gods or their Heralds, yet?"
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
SEREN
Because they were human, they would not give up trying. It was a sentiment that Seren liked very much,  and it was tucked away into the recesses of her mind to be examined again later. A soft smile of understanding warmed her gaze as Amalia went on to explain her choices. They proved to be very simple, in a way the starborn girl could appreciate. Similar, to her own belonging to the stars.

"I understand," she said, and nodded. "Someone told me that I had chosen my lot and side... But it's not so much about choosing for me, I think. Not that I would pick anyone else for a mother or goddess even if I could - it's more about accepting who I am and everything that comes with it." Or not. There was always the option of rejecting it - though at what cost, Seren didn't know. Her life, probably.

Amalia's question had Seren looking back at the woman, a little curious. "No, not yet. There hasn't been a reason, and I don't want to bother them over nothing. Besides, I wouldn't want Mother to think I find her inadequate." The very idea was preposterous. Still, the young woman blinked at Vis champion, thoughtful as she recalled Gideon asking the same thing. "Do you think I should go see them?" she asked.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water
She nods, knowing what it is to not have a choice. Not the way the Ascended didn't  - Amalia is not enslaved, beholden, turned into something that cannot escape no matter the whims of her heart. Rather, the Shield belongs to her Gods just as surely as the starchild does: not through the ties of blood and bone, but something deeper. Through a faith so unshakable it makes up the threads of her soul, serves as the canvas on which her life is painted, runs through the fabric of her dreams.

That Seren hasn't met the other heralds surprises Amalia somewhat; in her mind she had imagined visits at Safrin's side, or at least curiosity. But she shrugs it off, smiling lightly and shaking her blonde head. "I- I suppose not. I find that knowledge of all the Heralds has given me a greater understanding of their respective roles, but... for a long time I didn't know role as clearly as you do, I suppose." Sometimes it feels like she still doesn't. Amalia wasn't born into her blessings, after all.

Clearing her throat, the Shield looks back to the far horizon, her feet taking her a step closer as she eyes the endless sky. "I hope... any of this was helpful?" she murmurs, warmth creeping up her neck. "I'm sorry. I'm not as good at teaching as your father, and this whole... thing..." she gestures expressively between herself and Seren, "...is still new to me."
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
SEREN
Seren's responding smile was a little lopsided. "I might know roughly what is expected of me, but it's a big step from that to actually living up to the expectations," she admitted. "I can only assume that Mother sees something in me that I'm not able to yet... Maybe paying a visit to the other Heralds might make it clearer." A light shrug suggested that she was in no hurry; if an opportunity arose she wouldn't shirk it, but for now things were fine.

Amalia's awkwardness was met with a warm smile, bright and already affectionate. "It really does help," Seren assured her eagerly. "Thank you for playing with me. Or sparring, I suppose -" though it really had more the feel of a game of tag. Regardless, Seren had been soundly defeated, and given much to think about. "I'm really glad we met. I'm new to everything too... so, you know. If you ever want company, or help with anything, don't hesitate to ask." She would be happy to aid in whatever way she could.

The young dragon trilled a fierce agreement to the statement, causing the younger demigod to laugh. "We interrupted your walk, didn't we?" she went on, noticing the woman's eyes darting to the horizon. "I should let you get back to it."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Can't hold her together
Born from dark water
"I'm glad we met, too." Amalia's smile is less vibrant than the starhcild's, but it is brighter than it had been at the start of the day. "Met again, rather." Jyoti seconds the sentiment with a low trill and a puff of soothing starlight, thoroughly delighted by the display of play as well as the lift in her soulmate's spirits.

But yes, they had been going on a walk - or something else, really. Though she hesitates, Amalia accepts the farewell, her heartbeat thrumming in her ears as adrenaline continues to pulse through her veins. "I suppose I promised Jyo a more of an outing," she agrees softly, extending her fingers to tickle the whale's back. "Come by and see us sometime, Seren- if you want. Jyoti is always looking for more friends."

And with that she turns back to the horizon, stepping purposefully toward the cliff- and off, a falling stone that rises back on tawny wings, the starwhale flying at her side as they take off into the sky.

{fin}