we'll tell you what we know
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
over the riots
above all the noise
Little does Maeve realize, the only reason Aurelia is showing her emotion right now is because she trusts the woman beside her. Enough to open up, enough to let her anger and outrage at the situation be seen - let alone heard out. If it were not for the Nightshade's presence, she may have taken the bottle that's tucked away in a drawer and used it to drown her emotions. Then, when that didn't work, she would've thrown it into the fire in frustration.

Instead, she sits here in her seat, having barely moved at all but for her gaze. It rests intensely on Maeve, unable to stop the passion from swarming into the shallows of her irises, but she can see the same care in the other queen's eyes - and for that, she feels understood. Calmed, even.

The press of Maeve's forehead is enough to draw everything away, for the time being. There is something she can do now, and there are things that Maeve can do for her while she's gone. All is not lost, and she knows this like she knows the softness of Maeve's thumb against her cheek.

As long as she keeps fighting, there will be something worth fighting for.

There's a silence but for the tangle of their quiet breaths for some time, and then Aurelia lifts her head up, looking over Maeve's face until she meets those jade-green eyes again. Her own hands lift, and in their motions they're intense, they're almost rough, as they work their way around Maeve's face. Her fingers push into the dark strands of hair, and her thumbs work circular motions over the woman's delicate cheekbones. And she presses their foreheads together again, breathing the Nightshade's scent in deep, finding the hints of lavender there. "I know we will," she murmurs, planting a firm kiss to her forehead.

After she breathes out a sigh against the crown of Maeve's head, she releases Maeve from her hold and rises up on her feet. "There are things to be done, then. We need to get the fountain out of the way as quickly as possible. I think it was the best thing we could've done first, all things considered. Sunjata took care of the real problems Torchline had, he cleared the way for us to be able to do this now," and fuck, did she miss having him around. Her shoulders drop and she looks away, before centering back on Maeve again, "but when this is all said and done, I have an idea. For the region to have.. something more offensive. I've been researching those skyships from Stormbreak. The only problem is that Abandoned and Ascended can't step foot on them. So... we will need our own."

"Since I won't be around when they get back, you'll have to tell Jack about everything. He won't be happy about any of this, I imagine," tension builds along the outside of her jaw, feathering along her cheek, "but he always needs something in it for him or he'll never go for the council position. We'll give him a bone, we'll give him whatever we need to, Maeve. We need him with us going forward. And I think getting a skyship for him will do just the trick. So tell him our plan, tell him he can be captain of a whole damn fleet of 'em for all I care. We just need to get this done first. We have to stay focused, and in the end.. it'll pay off. Torchline will be a region to be feared when we are through with it."

If it isn't already.

But suddenly, her expression softens, her gaze retracts, and she looks away. "And if you see Milo.. tell him.. tell him that I wish I could be here to explain everything," then she looks slowly back, leans forward to touch Maeve's chin, to linger for just a little longer, letting her fingers smooth gingerly against the woman's cheek, "tell him I love him, please, and I'll be back as quick as I can." She searches Maeve's gaze, hoping she will relay that one personal message for her.
through all the worry
i still hear your voice

Messages In This Thread
we'll tell you what we know - by Cordelia - 07-21-2021, 02:41 AM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Sah - 07-21-2021, 02:58 AM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Maeve - 07-21-2021, 03:19 AM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Aurelia - 07-21-2021, 06:14 PM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Cordelia - 07-21-2021, 06:56 PM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Sah - 07-21-2021, 07:19 PM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Maeve - 07-22-2021, 10:08 PM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Sah - 07-26-2021, 03:46 AM
RE: we'll tell you what we know - by Aurelia - 07-26-2021, 10:19 AM