[SE] An unwelcome interruption
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray raised a brow at Paige. "Did he now? That was generous of him." As she was tugged along, the herbalist smiled fondly at her smaller companion. Paige's energy was infectious as well as endearing. But she was truly going to give Ray grey hairs. A concern that was given even more validity at the child's next question.

Ray let out a tired sigh. "If someone needs help, you can jump in. But only if there's someone to back you up. Don't try to fight alone and if there's no one in sight, run and get help. Deal?" That was a reasonable request, right? It was hopefully something that Paige would be willing to agree to.

Soon they were in the city and Ray began to lead Paige to her home. As they got close, Ray paused. One last thing occupied her mind. "Take care of yourself, alright? I know you want to be an adventurer and help people. But you can't do that if you get hurt. Think of taking care of yourself as part of your training routine. That way you'll always be in a condition where you'll be able to help."
They have not
forgotten this
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
see what you find there with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair
For anyone else, it would probably have been incredibly fair of Ray to make such a request, but Paige wasn't so sure. What if there wasn't time to get help? What if they needed her help right then? Paige was sorely tempted to argue. Her lips purse and she huffed, biting her tongue as her shoulders slumped, "Fine. I guess I can do that." She agreed to the first part, but not the next. Even if it made sense.

Whenever they got close to home, Paige came to a stop before her, chewing on her bottom lip as she rocked on the balls of her feet. "Okay... That makes sense. When are we going to have our tea party, Miss Ray? Kamaria left with her daddy, but we can still have one. Right?" Paige asked softly, eyes hopeful and bright, little brows drawing together in concern that maybe Ray hadn't really meant it when she promised before.
Paige
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray sighed slightly in relief. Only time would tell if and how Paige kept her promise, but for now that would do. "Good, thank you." At the very least the future adventurer would consider the herbalist's words. Even a bit of considering could lead to extra caution and further safety. That alone would be a win in Ray's book.

As they got to the door, Paige's question received a wide grin. "Of course! Things got rather hectic with your Aunt and Aurelia becoming queens and me joining their council. But once I come back from the quest to retrieve some unicorns, we can have our party then. Sound good?" Things truly had been busy lately that Ray had almost forgotten about the tea party. Almost, but not completely. She'd kept a note on her desk reminding her to schedule it.

With a ruffle of Paige's hair, Ray then knocked on the door. Once the child was secured at home, Ray left with a wave and a further promise of their tea party upon her return.

-{FIN}
They have not
forgotten this