Personal Quest unicorn wranglers
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

It's well into the day, well into the evening by the time everyone's arrived. Aurelia and Raza are already present, having defending the horses from a group of attacking vampire gourds hours earlier. But that is neither here nor there, and the trusty steeds have since been saddled, gear has been prepared, and Aurelia waits for the last person to arrive before she'll begin.

She fastens the clasp of her cloak around her neck, checks her saddle for rope and her bow. Beyond herself, she also ensures that everyone else is situated. When everything is to her satisfaction, she climbs up into the seat and glances about at the group that's gathered. They're a ragtag clusterfuck of misfits, to be sure. One should expect nothing less and nothing more from Torchline. But they're her misfits for the entirety of this mission, and as well.. they're all familiar faces. These are her people.

Reigning in her horse, which stamps a hoof anxiously in protest, she's quick to get the show into motion. "Alright everyone! Remember- we need to bring the herd back to Torchline safe and sound. Got it? Our job is to find 'em, keep 'em together, and keep 'em out of harm's way while we're at it. I don't wanna lose a single one of these unicorns," the words come out like orders, simultaneously short and curt, sweet and simple. "I don't want to lose any of you, either, so if you need help - speak up." Her gaze flashes and her lips form a hard, fast line. No exceptions to that rule.

So long as there were no protests or questions, they could begin. "We've got a long journey ahead of us, so let's get to it! I scouted the area earlier, tracked a large herd spreading out in this direction-" she lifts one arm to point northwest, "I want you three-" she gestures toward Adam, Harper, and Theo "-to move up along the river. The rest of us will head in around the other side of these hills. Hopefully..." her voice quiets and she offers a determined half-smile, "we'll catch the five we need." Easy enough, right? "Use the ropes I gave you, we don't want them running off to rejoin the herd."

And who would have thought they'd all be playing the part of cowboys on Safrin's behalf? With one last order for everyone to move out, Aurelia kicks her own horse into motion and heads off with her riders.

Aurelia's group will eventually find a part of the herd she was tracking, grazing and resting in a large meadow. Aurelia signals for Raza and Ray to stop as she does. There are three unicorns spread in a semi-circle. A mare appears to be standing guard at the edge, though she occasionally ducks her head to graze. "I can handle that one, if you two think you can close in on the sides," she states, nodding towards the sentry horse for herself, "I'll wait for you both to get in position, and we'll all move in together."

Harper's group will run across three younger unicorns by the stream, huddling close together. They don't appear to be on-guard, and haven't yet noticed the approaching riders as they stoop to drink the fresh water and splash about playfully. It's up to the boys how they'd like to approach and catch the unicorns.

This is the first part of the PQ to bring a herd of unicorns back to Torchline! thisissoexciting Let's make sure to prioritize this as best we can, since the PQ will have to split as we journey back to Torchline through the Feverlands and the Oerwoud! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

So, what I need is for you guys to describe how your character/group will go about corralling/catching the unicorns and leave it to me to roll for outcomes! The better teamwork, the better chances! (We only need 5 unicorns for the RQ)

you can use this from Haulani's notice board for context!

Group 1: 3 unicorns grazing in a meadow. Aurelia has instructed Raza and Ray to do a pincer maneuver! Or do your own thing.

Aurelia
Ray
Raza

Group 2: 3 unicorns drinking/playing at the stream. Try catching them together or each do your own thing.

Harper
Theo
Adam
What is clear is what is gold
You're only human after all

Messages In This Thread
unicorn wranglers - by Aurelia - 07-21-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: unicorn wranglers - by Ray - 07-21-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: unicorn wranglers - by Theo - 07-21-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: unicorn wranglers - by Raza - 07-23-2021, 06:06 PM
RE: unicorn wranglers - by Adam - 07-23-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: unicorn wranglers - by Harper - 07-24-2021, 08:19 PM