(SE) give me my last cigarette
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

It’s the jump that really gives Nate pause. The rest of it, the shifting and the huff and the rapt interest all sinks in easily, obvious, but he hasn’t even gotten to the really scary part. His side of the bond goes suddenly sour with the feeling of an unimpressed haughtiness, Nate’s brows all but hidden in his hair with how high they are. Sunjata soothes it in an instant though, like he sees it coming, Nate melting into a content pile again before picking up the thread of his story.

We uh... we didn’t get it, thought everyone was fuckin’ with us, which... I mean, it didn’t make sense either, but it made more sense’n me an’ Connor both bein’ crazy right? The words are louder now, Nate trying to compensate for the new distance between them. So... whatever. We get over it. Make some food, burn some shit. Mel, the uh... the one bitch’s mom, she brought tabs, so we all did summa that, obviously. His gestures are wider, more emphatic without all of Sunjata wrapped around him.

When he speaks again, his voice has quieted, droning distantly as blue eyes turn to watch Sunjata battle with the wicker woman. I don’t... remember who said we should go to the lake. Someone did... someone had t’ve, cause we, he pauses as a vial is requested, Nate patting his pockets before handing over the vial, we went t’the lake. Well... Leanne didn’t, but... A single shoulder lifts in a shrug. If not for what came next, it wouldn’t even be worth mentioning, but... the image of a dark forest leaning in around a black watery pit ripples through his memory. The night air is sweet, and a breeze rustles through the trees, not unlike the forest around them right now.

It was dark as balls, and the fuckin’ lake was like, two fuckin’ feet of mud and shit at the bottom, and it was cold, but... dunno, nice too. Then Leanne showed up. None of us... we didn’t hear her. She just slipped in the water an’ cuddled up t’me, an’ I shoved her t’wards Bart, and we... fuckin’ hung out more. A strained noise tugs out of Nate as he clambers up Sunjata’s back, creeping closer to his husbands gnashing jaws and careful claws. Mel... went back first. And the rest of us’re takin’ our time, gettin’ dressed again, but... Leanne doesn’t have clothes. S’weird, but Bart gives’er his shirt so...

Confusion begins to taint the bond, muddying the waters of Nate’s memories and seeping into his voice like a dark rot. It was dark, and... we can’t see each other, but we’re loud so it’s... it s okay. But sometimes... sometimes there’s footsteps from... further away. And... sniffin’? An’ we hear Bart ask Leanne what the fuck she’s doing, and then just... screaming. Connor.... his cousin, after, said it was a uh, a coyote, but... Fingers tap anxiously, Nate shaking his head and continuing. So we book shit back t’the cabin, an’ me and Bart are bringin’ up the rear and we lock the door and fuckin’... there’s Leanne. In her fuckin’ bed.

Then there’s the thump at the door.
i love those quiet moments in the dark
where you can stop pretending

Messages In This Thread
(SE) give me my last cigarette - by Sunjata - 07-26-2021, 03:42 AM
RE: (SE) give me my last cigarette - by Nate - 07-26-2021, 05:50 AM
RE: (SE) give me my last cigarette - by Sunjata - 07-26-2021, 06:23 AM
RE: (SE) give me my last cigarette - by Nate - 07-27-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: (SE) give me my last cigarette - by Sunjata - 07-28-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: (SE) give me my last cigarette - by Nate - 07-29-2021, 06:23 AM
RE: (SE) give me my last cigarette - by Sunjata - 07-29-2021, 08:42 AM
RE: (SE) give me my last cigarette - by Nate - 07-30-2021, 05:07 AM