[SE] Pages and Tricks
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai's expression twists further into one of disgust. "Great. I'll add that to my resume. 'Cute, but not cute enough to avoid being murdered'. Fabulous."  A fraction of the tension in the young Ascended bleed out as he's released from the Demi-god's hold. But there's no denying the remaining unease and wariness that Nate invokes. Welcome to the family, his ass.

As he follows Nate, Nikolai eyes the Demi-god's back for any signs of agression. At first, the young Ascended nearly bites through his lip as his unease grows. But then the path grows familiar and Nikolai can't help the eager and genuine grin that forms. 'Wordsworth Books’ is the best. And maybe Sam will even save Nikolai from his potential murderer?
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE

"You think I'm gonna murder you?" His whole body is thrown into the laugh, Nate's shoulders shaking with it. "I'm flattered, but I'm not in that business." There's a pause where he nearly says something else, then swallows it, shaking his head instead. "I'm a doctor, believe it or not." His icy gaze is thrown over his shoulder, a wink aimed towards Nikolai as Nate continues to navigate the streets without looking, arriving at their destination while blind.

Nate throws open the door to the bookshop like he owns the place, Pemota shoving her way inside before Nikolai and drifting up to float between the high shelves. "Samuel, I'm hooome!" He calls obnoxiously, frowning when there's no answer except Mia's irritated mewl. Turning in place, Nate focuses on Nikolai again, his eyes sparkling. "Looks like he's not in." Shrugging then throwing his arms open, Nate gestures at the shelves. "Pick whatever you want - I'll cover it with Sam." He was owed, if nothing else, a favour by this point, and one book wouldn't be too steep an ask.
didn't know i'd be so late
drinking all night, numbing that shame
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai eyes Nate incredulously, not believing a word. "Bullshit. Doctors are supposed to be.. " He nearly bit his tongue to stop himself from finishing that sentence. "They're not supposed to feel like a threat." The young Ascended settled on. He still wasn't sold on Nate not murdering him after all. The Demi-god was scary but Nikolai would never admit it.

It did make him wonder how the Demi-gods of the Voice could be so different. Nate claimed to be a doctor but he set Nikolai on edge. Wessex on the other hand was a warrior but the young Ascended felt nothing but safe around her. Arriving at Sam's shop pulled him from his thoughts.

Following Nate in he had to stifle a chuckle at the ridiculous greeting thrown out. Struggling to keep a straight face he eagerly disappeared into the rows of books. Running a hand over the spines as he passed, Nikolai considered which book to take. Spotting a poetry book he'd yet to read, he quickly pocketed it before Nate could read the title. Returning to the Demi-god's side, Nikolai nodded. "I've got one. You're forgiven now."
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE

It shouldn’t fill him with such a smug energy to learn that he comes off as a threat, and yet it does, Nate’s grin only widening and his shoulders lowering, just a little. “Threat or not, I’m on your side kiddo.” He points out simply, leaving the subject there. He wasn’t going to change, even with this knowledge.

The Demi-god hovers near the front of the shop, wondering quietly where Sam is. He offers his hand out to the shop cat, wrinkling his nose at her when she hisses at him and straightening again, just in time to catch sight of the young ascended shoving a book in his pocket.

Another smile is doled out, Nate’s hand coming out to squeeze Nikolai’s shoulder as he leans in. “Thank you.” There is no small amount of sincerity dripping from the words. “Maybe next time we meet you’ll be a little less afraid of me, eh?” It’s impossible to read his unblinking eyes, but Nate turns after a moment and joins his companion outside again, meandering back in the direction of the VlamVloed and leaving Nikolai alone.

Fin~
didn't know i'd be so late
drinking all night, numbing that shame