hand over pious hand
Phoebe
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
you have survived every moment of your life
even the ones you swore you wouldn't
For all his words, his fingers still intertwine, catch and hold wherever her hands fall around them. Her levity is appreciated, if the tilt of the corner of his mouth is any indication. "I love you. Of course your mental state is my concern. Even your future one." Though she had chided him ad nauseam about creating problems in his head before they came to pass, and the sheepish grimace that follows the words likely tells her he's recalling each time.

It's testament to everything they've weather together that Harper doesn't dismiss her assurances out of hand. Lifting his other hand, he gently curls an errant lock of hair behind her ear, and his calloused palm cups her cheek. For a long moment, he merely looks at her. Silent, searching. Or perhaps just drinking her in. "Okay." And that's it. Sighing, he leans over the table to press a kiss to her lips, firm but tender. Withdrawing only enough to tilt their foreheads together, his own eyes closed. "Okay. I trust you, I do. I just wanted to warn you." Sitting fully back into his seat, Harper squeezes the hand she has enveloped with both of her own. "And maybe I can start telling you some things. Make it less of a shock." The slightly haunted look translates how he feels about that prospect, but the man doesn't quail or waver.
this time is no different
you will last
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
the nightingale
The nightingale appear'd the first
And as her melody she sang
Okay? Okay?? That was it? No argument, no "You don't understands", no...anything? Just acceptance? The Nightingale stared at him in wide-eyed surprise for a moment, having expected much more of a fight from him, given his past predilection for over analyzing to the point of insanity. But as he pressed a kiss to her lips her heart warmed. This was progress - real, tangible progress!

Phoebe grinned as he pulled away. "I'll be here to listen to whatever you want to tell me." she assured. "But maybe after you eat. You were excited about that potpie after all." she teased, happy to let them enjoy the calm before the oncoming storm.

{fin}
The apple into blossom burst
To life the grass and violets sprang