[se] this cage of mine, I'll die in
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450
Lightning makes no sound until is strikes
Sah grit his teeth but remained silently, letting Wessex speak her mind without interruption. When she paused, the Abandoned sighed, exhaustion lining every muscle. "How Wessex? I've fought in wars between Gods before. Every time there's a neutral party, they end up as casualties. Whether by purposeful murder or just being caught in the crossfire. In wars between people, there can be neutrality in some cases.  But neutrality means death when there are gods involved."  

There'd been a time when the Outlander had thought that neutrality was an option. That staying out of a war was an option. But every time a god stepped into the fray? Whether directly or through a champion? Neutrality failed and death followed. The fire and death still echoed in his mind at night. How could he possibly forget the consequences of such a choice?

As for his leadership, that brought a grimace to Sah's face. "I've been in Caido for just over a year. Been human just as long. I'm significantly weaker here then I was at home too. I might have enough qualifications to advise a leader, but I certainly don't qualify to be one. That and..." He trailed off, collecting his thoughts. "I took power at the age of 16 Wessex. I had the weight of leading my entire species. And although there was no way I could have expected, prepared for, much less stopped a fucking apocalypse...they still died under my rule."

A cynical grin emerged, and Sah continued. "Call me a coward, because I surely am one. But I'm not ready to deal with that again. Not yet. Not after everything."

Running an agitated hand through his hair, Sah sighed. "I can't promise that. If I am to ensure the survival of my family, I need to be there to watch their backs. But I'll certainly aim to incapacitate whenever it's possible." There was a flash of something jagged before he continued. "And I can swear this without hesitation. If someone tries to kill the Voice and there isn't a known way to prevent that from resulting in the genocide of the Ascended? I'll do my damn best to kill the fucker before they get the chance. No matter who it is. Or what it will cost me in the end. I've seen one race wiped out. I won't sit by and watch another suffer the same fate." He'd lose whatever bits of his sanity that were left. His humanity for sure, but he'd die without regrets.

A slight snarl escaped him. "And I know my words mean nothing. That they completely contradict. But I fucking don't know how else to look out for my loved ones and prevent genocide. I'm not brilliant so if you have some other solution, I'm all ears."

He'd hear her out. He owed Wessex that at least. And if she had a way? A way to protect Aino, Deimos, Cordelia, and all the rest? A way that would also protect the Ascended? Sah might just say yes, consequences be damned.
Sah

Messages In This Thread
[se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Wessex - 07-31-2021, 05:01 PM
RE: [se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Sah - 08-01-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: [se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Sah - 08-11-2021, 01:19 AM
RE: [se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Sah - 08-12-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: [se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Sah - 08-24-2021, 06:09 PM
RE: [se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Sah - 09-02-2021, 12:50 AM
RE: [se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Sah - 09-08-2021, 12:40 AM
RE: [se] this cage of mine, I'll die in - by Sah - 09-10-2021, 12:49 AM