we'll tell you what we know
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The tension in the air is palpable. So thick and cloying that Maeve struggles to breathe through it, a tightness seizing in her chest as she watches Aurelia with a mix of trepidation and concern, flinching when she turns her harsh tone towards her. The Nightshade draws her hand away, swallowing thickly as her lips press into a thin line, willing the sudden welling of tears from her eyes. It has nothing to do with what she said, but how she said it. The intention of her tone, the warning behind her words that spell out clearly that Maeve would be stupid to think otherwise, but Maeve knows she's right. Even if a part of her wishes that wasn't the case.

But the Fireheart turns her gaze onto the Nightshade, words softer this time, an attempt to soothe her instead and she's grateful for it. There are few things that Maeve can handle right now and ire from her counterpart isn't one of them. They're too close. Too tangled up. Her feelings regarding the Fireheart become harder to keep down when Aurelia insists on being there for her so readily. When she reminds her over and over again to rely on her, to lean on her, to let her take care of things. To take care of her.

Maeve swallows thickly, drawing in a shaky breath of her own to ease her still racing heart, nodding at her words, "I know, but it is the people who are suffering now because of the squabbling between leaders. It's hard to stomach." And Aurelia so easily explains why it's so hard in her own way and it makes so much sense to her then. Why her reaction is so visceral. Why it bothers her so much.

She leans forward, cupping Aurelia's cheek, thumb brushing across the darkening skin as she tries to draw her back from anger's edge. Their foreheads press together, centering her more than anything else can in times like this, their breaths mingling as they both exhale. "We won't let them. Our people won't live in fear. They won't have a reason to. You and I will make sure of that by any means necessary." Maeve murmurs, fingers curling beneath her jaw, a firm pressure that lingers there just as much as she does. Simply breathing in her counterpart, allowing the certainty of the other woman soothe her, reminding her that they're in this together and they will do right by their people. By each other.
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
over the riots
above all the noise
Little does Maeve realize, the only reason Aurelia is showing her emotion right now is because she trusts the woman beside her. Enough to open up, enough to let her anger and outrage at the situation be seen - let alone heard out. If it were not for the Nightshade's presence, she may have taken the bottle that's tucked away in a drawer and used it to drown her emotions. Then, when that didn't work, she would've thrown it into the fire in frustration.

Instead, she sits here in her seat, having barely moved at all but for her gaze. It rests intensely on Maeve, unable to stop the passion from swarming into the shallows of her irises, but she can see the same care in the other queen's eyes - and for that, she feels understood. Calmed, even.

The press of Maeve's forehead is enough to draw everything away, for the time being. There is something she can do now, and there are things that Maeve can do for her while she's gone. All is not lost, and she knows this like she knows the softness of Maeve's thumb against her cheek.

As long as she keeps fighting, there will be something worth fighting for.

There's a silence but for the tangle of their quiet breaths for some time, and then Aurelia lifts her head up, looking over Maeve's face until she meets those jade-green eyes again. Her own hands lift, and in their motions they're intense, they're almost rough, as they work their way around Maeve's face. Her fingers push into the dark strands of hair, and her thumbs work circular motions over the woman's delicate cheekbones. And she presses their foreheads together again, breathing the Nightshade's scent in deep, finding the hints of lavender there. "I know we will," she murmurs, planting a firm kiss to her forehead.

After she breathes out a sigh against the crown of Maeve's head, she releases Maeve from her hold and rises up on her feet. "There are things to be done, then. We need to get the fountain out of the way as quickly as possible. I think it was the best thing we could've done first, all things considered. Sunjata took care of the real problems Torchline had, he cleared the way for us to be able to do this now," and fuck, did she miss having him around. Her shoulders drop and she looks away, before centering back on Maeve again, "but when this is all said and done, I have an idea. For the region to have.. something more offensive. I've been researching those skyships from Stormbreak. The only problem is that Abandoned and Ascended can't step foot on them. So... we will need our own."

"Since I won't be around when they get back, you'll have to tell Jack about everything. He won't be happy about any of this, I imagine," tension builds along the outside of her jaw, feathering along her cheek, "but he always needs something in it for him or he'll never go for the council position. We'll give him a bone, we'll give him whatever we need to, Maeve. We need him with us going forward. And I think getting a skyship for him will do just the trick. So tell him our plan, tell him he can be captain of a whole damn fleet of 'em for all I care. We just need to get this done first. We have to stay focused, and in the end.. it'll pay off. Torchline will be a region to be feared when we are through with it."

If it isn't already.

But suddenly, her expression softens, her gaze retracts, and she looks away. "And if you see Milo.. tell him.. tell him that I wish I could be here to explain everything," then she looks slowly back, leans forward to touch Maeve's chin, to linger for just a little longer, letting her fingers smooth gingerly against the woman's cheek, "tell him I love him, please, and I'll be back as quick as I can." She searches Maeve's gaze, hoping she will relay that one personal message for her.
through all the worry
i still hear your voice
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve sees it all unfold before her. The way that Aurelia relaxes, the fire still flaring in her eyes, but it isn't anger anymore. There is passion desire and so much more swirling in her irises that the Nightshade is almost breathless with it. She melts into Aurelia's touch, drinking in those shared breaths greedily, pressing into her as she tucks this moment away with the others that they've shared.

How much they've grown since she showed up at the Halenani with questions about the fire. The tentative proposal of friendship having blossomed into so much more. Had Safrin known? Did the goddess realize how intrinsically tied to each other they would become? Maeve wasn't sure and truthfully she's not sure she cares. How could she when Aurelia was holding onto her like this? When she breathes in deeply to smell smoke and sandalwood and everything that makes up the Fireheart? Maeve almost whimpers as Aurelia clings to her, lips brushing across her forehead in a tender display of affection, reminding her once more than she cares in a way that can't be compared to anyone else in this moment. "We will." She repeats, conviction in her voice as she draws back to meet Aurelia's gaze with her own.

Aurelia stands and the Nightshade moves to follow her. She couldn't stay still even if she wanted to. The queen trails after her, hanging on to every word, committing all of them to memory because she will need them soon. Jack won't be happy. They're going to have feathers to smooth down when it comes to the Captain, but Maeve thinks that they'll manage to persuade him. Especially with the promise of a skyship. "I'll talk to him. I want to have this done before you get back. I'll be heading for Frey's Breath too. I'm hoping that by the time you're done with the unicorns we'll be close to finished with this."

Maeve wasn't going to hinder their process by taking too much time to move forward. They have plenty to do and the Nightshade isn't going to let anything slow her down. Not her pregnancy or Locke or anything in between.

The mention of Milo pulls her from her thoughts and there is a slight sting at the words, but she pushes it away. Aurelia needs this from her and she always knew that Milo was in the picture. From the very beginning. It changes nothing. Maeve nods, brushing Aurelia's hair from her face, tucking a stray curl behind her ear. "Of course. Anything for you." And she means it. Anything at all. Maeve leans forward, pressing the softest of kisses against her cheek, lingering there longer than she needs to. "Be safe and come back to me in one piece, okay?"
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
over the riots
above all the noise
Aurelia is not so sure that Jack can be persuaded. As much as she owed to the captain, she knew that he typically acted for only himself. And a large part of her yearns for the simplicity of life on the Ark once more, if she is honest with herself.

But all her life, Aurelia has carried regrets with her, and this time is no different. New as this life is, in the end it's all the same. Time after time, round and round in circles..

It's the people around her that matter, however, and she is intent to do anything for them. Not just Maeve, not only Jack - not only the allies that would benefit her politically. Milo, too, because her love for him runs deeper than the rivers and soars higher than the Cordillera peaks. For Melita, whom she feels that she has already failed in some strange, insufficient way. Adam, even, who deserves more than he got. Sunjata and Nate and Kamaria - they still mattered to her, regardless of their stances and the place they chose to live.

"Of course. I'll come back to all of you," her jaw sets with her solemnity. But she knows that Maeve needs reassurance, too, and she hopes that the distance won't be unbearable for her. "I'll be back before you know it," she says, embracing her gently so that her lips near her ear, "I'll miss having you by my side."

Then, she lets go and turns away - but not without reaching out to Aidon, telling him, "Keep them safe." Yes, them - because Maeve is no longer just Maeve. With one final parting look, the Fireheart makes her leave.

fin!
through all the worry
i still hear your voice