ink on my hands
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures
Finn is also hungry, which is why he only offers a small smile in response to Tobi's remarks before digging back into his sandwich. He can't imagine the doctor biting anyone, in truth, but then again Finn has never been on the receiving end of her temper. (And with any luck, he never will be). Falling quiet to listen as she explains about their son, the Spyglass wants to be as carefree as she is about it, but he can't find it in him to be breezy. (Honestly, when has Finn ever been breezy?)

"They do, don't they?" he murmurs, setting down his sandwich with only a few bites to go; he suddenly isn't so hungry after all. "Do you think we ought to reciprocate?" he asks, of the having dinner and sleeping over. "That is what friends do, isn't it? They stay over each other's houses?" A host Finn is not, as Tobi has undoubtedly realised, but they can't really say no to this, right?
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
October
When you're standing at the crossroads
& don't know which path to choose
"I think we probably should, yes." Tobi agrees smoothly. "I think it would probably do Mateo some good as well. Maybe he could even...be here a few days during the week." She suggests casually, knowing what she was saying was anything but. Still, she eats nonchalantly as if this wasn't a bombshell she'd just dropped.

"With Ronin and Remi so far away...Mateo seems like he's growing up so fast, and that isn't good for children. They need boundaries and structure." This is said both as a doctor but now also as a mother, and to say Tobi's gaze isn't slightly pleading as she glances over at Finn would be a lie.
Let me come along,
'Cause even if you're wrong, I'll stand by you
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Finn has just graduated from prodding at his leftover sandwich to trying to take a sip of water - a sip he nearly chokes on as Tobi ploughs ahead. "What?" he blurts before he can help himself, straightening up and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. What she says is understandable and recommended, even, but that doesn't change the fact that Finn absolutely hasn't expected to be sharing his space with two pre-teens any time soon.

"I mean," he says slowly, "it isn't just up to us, is it? I imagine we would have to meet with Ronin and with Remi. And we would need to ask Everest and Mateo what they think. Ever might not want it, and Mateo might be happy where he is." They're excuses and he knows it, but he can't help it as they spill out of his mouth.
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October
Sitting back, Tobi waits for Finn's brain to process the things his mouth is saying, and for his stream of excuses to finally run dry. If anything Tobi's smile widens as Finn rationally panics, and she finds that it's moments like these that make her smile in the dark of the night when she's having trouble falling asleep.

Besides, she'd just panicked at the thought of him being sent away. She owed him this.

"You're right, it absolutely isn't up to us, and maybe Ever won't want it, or Mateo won't, or Remi and Ronin won't." Softly, she lays one of her hands on the couch between them, palm up for Finn to grab should he find it comforting. Sometimes he did, sometimes he didn't, and Tobi never took it personally either way. "But I always had a safe place growing up, and I'd like Mateo to have one too. One that isn't all the way across the world."
Let me come along,
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
Today Finn absolutely takes her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze as he links his fingers with her against the couch. A few slow, deep breaths and he has mastered his internal screaming enough to speak, and he's surprised, in fact, to find Tobi readily agreeing with him.

"I suppose we will need to ask them, then," he says with a gentle nod. "Perhaps I can speak with Remi or Ronin the next time they drop the boys home." He doesn't have to, but now that the seed has been planted, Finn finds that he wants to, just to ensure there are no misunderstandings (on his part, mainly).

Glancing up to meet Tobi's gaze, then, his smile turns a touch sad, but he offers another nod. "I didn't," he says, though they both already know that. "So I would like that for someone else as well, I think. It can't do any harm to ask."
FINN
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
October
"If you like. Or I can." She offers casually, wanting Finn to have the option to opt-out of a conversation with Remi (for obvious reasons). Tobi's fingers squeeze Finn's softly before she tugs them back to wrap them around her sandwich instead.

She does indeed know that Finn never had a safe place to be as a boy, or by and large, as an adult. But safety is something she has dedicated her life to, and she will continue to extend her circle of comfort to include as many as she can, for as long as she can.

Words linger unsaid on the tip of Tobi's tongue, but instead of speak them, she merely offers her strange counterpart a warm and adoring smile. "Thanks for dinner." She says just before gobbling up the rest of it.

~FINn<3
Let me come along,