the future freaks me out
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
these nightmares all bend
silver linings are all i need
Jack's words are heard, at a surface level, but they don't strike much of a chord. Not, perhaps, in the way he'd like. No, what Aurelia reads further into are his actions - the glass of whiskey slid across toward her, the way he gets up to pick a table, the gesture to join him. She takes it all in silently once she's asked to talk, gaze visibly uncertain.

With a gentle but marked release of tension, she scoops up the tumbler in her calloused, dark hand and sinks into the seat beside him. And as she does, she looks down at the grains of the table. For a split second, there's an impulsive desire to hug Jack that she fights off. No, sitting beside him will have to just.. do.

"Then I'm taking a drink first, too," she mumbles, tilting the glass up to her lips and letting the drink fall down the back of her throat until she can't stand it anymore and she has to set it down.

She wants to be rough and callous, to be harsh and cut to the chase. She'd prepared a little speech, even. It runs through her mind as she mulls over saying it: yeah, I know you're not happy. None of us are - but this is what we've been left with. And it ain't ever gonna be enough.

But she bites that back, pursing her lips, tasting the harshness of the alcohol on them. Finally she turns toward him, a sad grin building up along the chapped edges of her lips as her gaze zips over his rugged features. "What do you want me to say, Jack?" Her voice cracks and her eyes water. Let's blame the alcohol on that. She looks sharply away, blinking, and straightens up in her seat.

"Shit's all over the place. I've been trying to set things straight but I can't do it all myself - or at once. I'm sorry I wasn't here to welcome the Ark back to shore. Been uh... fetching unicorns, among other things," said casually, as if that's a regular chore around here. Swallowing, she lifts her brows and asks, "So... I'm guessing your talk with Maeve didn't go very well? Or is it something else you wanted to cuss me out for?" Truly, she's all ears.
so please just hold onto me
these demons, they're old to me

Messages In This Thread
the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-07-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-09-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-10-2021, 10:35 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-10-2021, 11:41 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-17-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-17-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-18-2021, 08:47 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-18-2021, 05:07 PM