postscript
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
when it's just the two of us, only the two of us
"It's true, they could work... But we would have to start again from the ground up. And we don't have time, do we?" All well and good if it weren't for the just-over-seven-seasons-until-doomsday clock they've got hanging over them. The Hollowed Grounds will have to remain home for now regrettably. Isla scoffs, though his compliment is very much appreciated, and the medic glances up at Remi and leans up on her toes to kiss his cheek. "You're very kind," she murmurs.

With her brow furrowing as she thinks, Isla hops over a bubbling pit of something (something she doesn't look too closely at) and lets out a long sigh. "I haven't heard anything yet," she murmurs. Others might have, but if that's the case they haven't shared that knowledge yet. "I can't imagine the Voice would do that, though. She has always tried to prove herself more accepting and merciful than the Old Gods, from the things I've heard so far."
i could die
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
Love isn't all that it seems
I did you wrong
"I..." The urge to argue is strong, but not as strong as Isla's logic. He'd been the naive one, he realizes now, thinking that the world would just up and let the ascended go and rebuild somewhere else. "You are right. At least this way we stay neighbours." He says teasingly, glancing at his feet as she kisses his cheek as if that might somehow hide his blush.

"Mmm." The alchemist hums noncommittally as he extends his stride to miss whatever bubbling mess Isla had hopped over. "Well, that would be nice." Not sounding terribly convinced and certainly not daring to sound hopeful about it, Remi twitches his lips back and forth before looking up into the sparse canopy of leaves and laughing. "Next time I see you, promise me we will go more than five minutes without talking about all the doom and gloom on the horizon?" It wasn't either of their faults, not with who and what they were to their people and to each other, but gods how he just missed her laugh. Her smile. Star watching and being ridiculous.

"But maybe I am the one being naive, now." He murmurs after a moment, realizing that those moments between them are likely gone for more than just political reasons.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"You know what? Of all the reasons for not moving elsewhere, that's probably my favourite. We do get to stay neighbours this way." Not that they could visit each other, but Isla's deciding to ignore that for the sake of dredging the mood up from the depths. Which seems to be on both of their minds, actually, and she gives Remi's arm a gentle pat before stepping out from where she's been walking snug against him that she might see him better.

"How about," she suggests, the beginnings of a smile on her face, "this time next week, I just... maybe find myself in the Oerwoud at sunset? Up at the top of the waterfall. I might bring a blanket along to sit on. And if you and Mateo happen to find yourselves there as well... wouldn't that be a lovely coincidence? You might go up there for a picnic, or something."

Waggling her eyebrows, she can't imagine she's been that subtle, but whatever. "It's true that we can't afford to be naive any more... but I think between you and I, we can definitely still be clever."
i could die
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
As Isla pulls away, the alchemist feels an unhappy sparkle of longing for her, that flickers and spits inside of his chest as if it had been doused with water. Her words quickly coax out a smile though, and despite how he wants to laugh and nod instantly in agreement, Remi instead ruffles a hand through his curls and pretends to consider. "Do you know...I think I am rather busy next week...you see..." Pretending to flip through an imaginary calendar, Remi points at a spot on his palm and nods. "Ah, you see? Late dinner picnic with Mateo + stargazing in the Oerwoud. Says it right there." Beaming at her, Isla always knowing just what to say, he nods.

"I can do clever. With your help, at least." He adds with a wink.

"Shall I fly you home? Or did you have other things to do..here...?" Wrinkling his nose, Remi glances around, noticing not for the first time the number of Devil's Klaw lurking in the shadows.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
For a second, Isla isn't sure whether Remi is joking, and the smile falls away from her face before she brightens once more as she realises the ruse. "Well," she says, settling in at his side again to slip her arm through his own, "that's quite a shame. We'll have to see if we can meet up again some time after next week." More than content with the loose arrangement's they've made, Isla doesn't bother to refute the compliment from her friend this time. She is more than happy to help Remi be clever whenever he likes.

"This is my first time in the Feverlands, and I was only here to follow some kind of weird coded message. And I will never miss a chance to fly with you," she tells him, leaning her cheek against his shoulder as their stroll finally comes to an end. "I'm ready when you are."
i could die
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
"That sounds good. Next-next week." He agrees in a stage whisper, just in case there is actually anyone around to hear.

Huffing, the alchemist pinches his brows together and frowns down at his friend. "Weird? And here I thought I was being quite clever." He really had, actually, though of course Isla's suggestion of just happening to find themselves in the same place at the same time was definitely more elegant.

Reaching out to tug the Remedy into a hug before shifting, Remi chews on words he can't quite articulate, before sighing out his feelings instead. Strongest amidst the general confusion of Remi's emotions was simple gratitude and joy for having been able to spend the afternoon with his friend.

Releasing her reluctantly, the alchemist steps back enough that he might shift without knocking into Isla. Leaning down one shoulder and giving her a companionable growl, Remi lets Isla down right on the border between the Hollowed Grounds and the Greatwood, where they could both easily argue that the other hadn't broken any rules.

~FIN
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone