the other side of paradise
NAAATE <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
// and i hear your ship is comin' in, your tears a sea for me to swim in
and i hear a storm is comin' in, my dear, is it all we've ever been? //
Pride simply rebounds from the Ascended back to Sunjata with the tackle, a small laugh leaving him that could be considered giddy almost. The fire and the warm dinner and the sleeping bags laid down together make a perfect night under their own roof when Sunjata manages to fall asleep, gladly and welcomingly sore.

The next morning comes and Sunjata’s slow to start, too torn up in curling into his husband for as long as he can before they have to get up, some protests leaving him both audibly and through the bond. But Nate decides what he wants to work on and Sunjata focuses on the windows, placing the panes and ensuring the doors fit, before he’s finished and getting tugged toward the bench, Sunjata sinking in easily and readjusting so that his head might rest in Nate’s lap, peering up at him with surprisingly bright steel.

I love you too. He murmurs softly, brows pinching as Nate begins to speak of something regarding the Voice. He sits up, reaching up to press a soft kiss to the side of Nate’s jaw where he works it the most. Of course, skatjie. He pauses, remaining to nuzzle into Nate’s neck. “What is it?
anchor up to me, love. anchor up to me, love. anchor up to me, love
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i hate my weaknesses, they make me who i am. it makes no difference, i'm insignificant
Nate leans automatically into the comfort of Sunjata’s kiss, his eyes slipping closed.“I...” No, he can’t voice this out loud, can’t just shatter the tranquility of the waves and gull cries. I need to go to the Falling, in Stormbreak. I just... need to get her some stones. Just asking has Nate trembling, emotions he barely understands simmering in his side of the bond, and he hasn’t even voiced a question.

I know... there’s no reason for you to trust her. And I know... I know Safrin won’t like it. But... she only wants what’s best for me, and what’s best for me is... is keeping you safe. He’s not sure when the request became a plea, though it’s not what he wants. Nate tries to snatch the words back, hastily drawing a blanket over his side of the bond and hiding all his difficult to swallow emotions.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It begins aloud, audible in the way that draws him away from the serenity of the home they’ve built. But he draws back into it, once Nate’s voice warms him internally even if it shocks him. There’s immediately a second where Sunjata’s breath stops, where he doesn’t inhale his husband’s scent or the air surrounding them, a moment where he considers the implications of everything. …Can you? Do that, that is? I thought it would kill you to step foot there… There’s uncertainty in his tone, a warbling sensation he can’t keep hidden from Nate too much longer.

But he continues, and it comes off more like a plea and Sunjata breathes again, knowing what it means and what it might imply, and he’s right. He believes his husband, regardless of whether Safrin wants him to or not. So he chews on his cheek before nestling in close again and pressing another soft kiss to Nate’s jaw. I could… Get some for you instead of you going? He offers, unsure if it’ll even work like that, but willing to try if it meant keeping his Ascended safe.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
i hate my weaknesses, they make me who i am. it makes no difference, i'm insignificant
A sour not of regret flares on Nates side of the bond, a fang peeking out of his mouth to worry at his lip while he mulls over the worry. The Voice wouldn’t just send me into a death trap like that. He turns, pressing his lips to his husbands soft, wavy hair, and considers. She’d give me some kind of warning, if I really had to worry. Theres no uncertainty in Nate’s mental voice at all, his faith in his Goddess firm and unyielding.

It’s Nates turn to freeze breathlessly as Sunjata’s suggestion hits the bond, stress and confusion melting away into thick, syrupy adoration. He’s too strong to be denied when he drags the attuned into his lap, wrapping him up in a multi-armed hug. I love you. He says simply, sincerely, shifting to find Sunjata’s lips and press against them in a soft kiss. But... I don’t think it works like that. I think prt of it is... me being there.
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Worry continues to flare inside Sunjata, the uncertainty that comes with it. As much as he wants to believe Nate, there’s that nagging sense in the back of his mind over what Safrin had told him again and again. Could she control Nate just as easily as the starry goddess made it seem? He sighs against the kiss pressed to his hair, his arms slipping around Nate to tuck himself in close. And he struggles with what to say.

Nate freezes, however, and adoration coats the bond in a second skin that has the Attuned softening under the touch. I love you too. He replies instinctually, meaning every word of it. And I want to be with you when you go. And when Nate mentions that part of it is him being there, even with the way he’s dragged into Nate’s lap, able to actually peer at the electric blues of his husband’s gaze and the scar that bisects them, he still leans into the kiss as much as he can to let the feeling swarm and smother him.

I’ve met her… Once officially when you were sick. She… Wasn’t very warm to me. He frowns, thinking back to the sickness and her quiet frustration over their idea of bringing the water from Frey’s breath. He breaks the kiss and takes a deep inhale, pressing his forehead to Nate’s chin. I trust that she has your best interests in mind. I just… I’m worried about it. With me being so close to Safrin I’m wary about how she feels about me. About us. Despite how I’ve helped the Ascended where I can. He finally decides, lifting his head to scan Nate’s face, hoping he can understand.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
Thank you Sonskyn. Even if he had wanted to hide it it would be impossible to completely conceal relief that balloons in his chest, Nate letting out a stale breath. He sags into the kiss, drifting in steel eyes and letting a smile play at the corners of his lips. It’ll be easy. All I need is a few rocks.

A furrow digs in between Nates brows, his mind stretching back and trying to drag up a memory of seeing the Voice while he was sick. He remembers Halo, in bits and pieces, Loren, a golden dragon, but not the Voice. I don’t know if that’s the best time to have met her. Maybe... maybe next time it’ll be different. If there was a next time, without consequences. There’s a flicker of thought, the barest feeling of hope before it’s locked away tightly, Nate pressing their foreheads together and nodding, just slightly. He does understand the fear of a foreign god, the uneasiness.

Instead of harping on the same painful key, Nate turns them to slurp up the last rays of sun, starting up a conversation about the way the rooms should be organized, and lamenting the fact that they hadn’t had the foresight to bring a ladder with them. And for the first time, with the help of a stolen shift, they sleep in their new bedroom, wrapped up in the peace and quiet of each other’s arms.

Fin!
NATE