whatever lets you cope
Isla!!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i'm only just strong enough, i'm sinking through the ground below
He knows Isla means well with what she tells him – having experienced it from being a companion herself, yet the words still sit uncomfortably in the empty hole of his heart, his brows pinching as a glassy sheen glimmers in his gaze when he stares at the ceiling next, trying to swallow it down. “It’s empty where she was. I can’t feel anything anymore.” He manages, voice warbling slightly, his fingers tightening in the blankets. Empty, empty, empty.

She works on cleaning him up and dressing him and he only manages a few quiet hisses when she hits the particularly tender spots, ones that have sheered straight through his compass tattoos. “I would like that, Isla.” If nothing else, if he’s passed out as deeply as that medicine had done to him before when he’d been plagued by nightmares and visions, then perhaps he won’t feel the pain of losing Haai again.
so hold me, just long enough to
show me how to find my way back home
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Isla

"Gods, Sunjata... Now that I can't even begin to imagine." She'd been the one dead and gone after all - Isla knows nothing of the loss that carved out in one's heart. She can't exactly lean in for a hug with the state of him, but she does sit back enough to take both of his hands, giving them a gentle squeeze to try and stop them fretting at the blankets. "Let's focus on getting you patched up and waiting for Nate to get home, okay?" She tries for a smile.

With his neck and chest heavily bandaged, Isla moves onto the rest of the abrasions along his torso, gently pressing a cool cloth against them rather than trying to wipe or rub away the blood. "Will you be staying here until Nate is back?" she asks, glancing up at him. "I think it would be a good idea, personally. I can keep an eye on your injuries for you. You can even help out in the clinic if you like."
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He couldn’t imagine it too, and yet here he was, experiencing it in some of the harshest ways he hasn’t felt in so long. It’s different this time though, having something else to keep on going for, and it’s the only thing that’s truly had him refrain from staying at home and wasting away, instead coming all the way to the Grounds in order for quite a few drinks and some attempt at being surrounded by people to try and make it easier.

And Isla, thank gods for her, because he nods in agreement to her suggestion of getting patched up and waiting for Nate, his hands squeezing hers momentarily before she continues to clean him up, and his glassy steel finds her face again, shying away from her eyes to focus on her jaw or cheek or anything else. “Sure.” He agrees quietly. “Staying busy… Would be good.” He isn’t any good at healing things but he’s been trying to learn from Nate, and maybe having something to do with his time he might be able to grieve a bit easier.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"Well luckily for you, the Infirmary keeps me very busy indeed. And you know, I have been needing to reach the top shelves of my store cupboard for some time now." Height jokes, what better thing to raise Sunjata's spirits? Isla works dilligently to get the rest of him patched up and ready for rest and recuperation, and whilst his shirt is pretty fucked, he can at least climb beneath the covers of the bed.

"Alright, I think you're good to go," she murmurs, removing a small parcel of powder out of her medical kit. "Try and get comfortable in bed, okay? I'm going to grab a glass of water for you to take this." With a quick glance on her way out to make sure he's not going to do anything stupid or pull at his bandages, Isla pads away downstairs.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The height joke does spark a small tug at his lips as well as a snort, focusing on that rather than the rest of everything else and the pain it brought. “I can do that.” He says quietly, hanging his head again as she patches the rest of him up. When she begins to withdraw his gaze lifts, shoulders drooping as he nods and sluggishly moves to slip under the covers, drawing them close as to not mess with the bandages (he’s learned well enough by now to not do that).

Alright.” He watches as she goes, turning to fluff the pillows up a bit, just enough to make it comfortable before his feathered wings of his Pegasus slip from his back and curl around him for added warmth and comfort, and he sinks into the warmth of his stomach and the feeling of the bandages snuggly fit around his torso and neck. And he waits for her to return, quietly and solemnly.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"You look far too comfortable," Isla remarks with a small smile, having appeared back in the doorway with a glass of water in her hands, stirring it absently with a spoon to ensure all of the powder has dissolved. "This should keep you asleep for long enough that your body can start to relax and heal. But I'll drop by in the morning to see how you are, and make sure someone brings you some breakfast."

Crossing the room, she offers out the glass to Jata, helping to sit him up enough to drink it if he needs. And once she's satisfied that he's gotten enough of the medicine to help knock him out, she concentrates instead on making sure he's tucked in properly, that her medical kit is all packed away, that he doesn't have a fever and that he's not too drunk to leave alone. "There," she murmurs. "Maybe when you wake up Nate will be home, mm?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The wings help.” Sunjata replies quickly when Isla’s returned, parting the cocoon of tricolored feathers just enough that he can take the glass of water and to listen to her instructions. There’s a nod while he cradles the glass, watching her idly as he pauses before taking a sip. “Thank you for patching me up and all of this.” He speaks slowly as to articulate it better, but its made more difficult with his accent. Either way, it still manages to get the point across and he downs the medicine just enough that she’s happy with, before he hands her the glass.

And then he sinks into the blankets more and the pillow, wings tucking in tight like a second skin as well as to help prevent him from messing with the bandages Isla’s placed what feels like all over his skin. “I hope so.” He murmurs quietly, trying to focus on the light his husband brings to his mind rather than the emptiness he feels otherwise. And soon enough, he’s out like a light.

- FIN <333
SUNJATA